Money suspended?

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I'm gonna pass judgment right now:

I want Money and his family to be Cyclones and will welcome them here no matter what this situation entails.

The City seems like a good guy, I wish I would have made it up to the game this weekend to meet him.

"To meet him"? Was he on display somewhere signing autographs or making some sort of celebrity appearance. I was not able to make the game so not sure how the guy was making himself available to the fan base.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
"To meet him"? Was he on display somewhere signing autographs or making some sort of celebrity appearance. I was not able to make the game so not sure how the guy was making himself available to the fan base.

All the Football letterman were recognized on the field. I imagine there was a reception the night before and a tailgate before put on by the Letterwinners club. Wouldn't be surpised if recruits stopped by those events.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

No he wasn't available to the fan base, but I was going to attend practice and other Letterwinner gatherings this past weekend and had other things come up. I am sure I would have run in to him around the Jacobson Building.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
What you didn't list:
Money was ranked a preseason All American QB.
Money was voted the #1 Juco QB in the country.
Money is the #2 overall best JUCO player in the country. Money is just a 19 year old kid.

Now with that being said, I can't go into detail but no that the issue was non violent, and non drug related, but it was out of his normal character and the people who know him best know that.

Thanks for clearing up the non-violent part and the drug part. This is what I was looking for and it helps a great deal.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA

We walked behind the team when they got off the bus. People were saying "Hi Money" and "what up big Money" some fans even pulled him to the side and said "We are glad to see you here" it meant a lot to him and definitely my mom.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We walked behind the team when they got off the bus. People were saying "Hi Money" and "what up big Money" some fans even pulled him to the side and said "We are glad to see you here" it meant a lot to him and definitely my mom.

Sheesh. I think people quickly forget just how many people visit this site.

Good you had a nice visit - hope it works out. Regardless, I'll be glad when this one is over.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Now with that being said, I can't go into detail but no that the issue was non violent, and non drug related, but it was out of his normal character and the people who know him best know that. He is a great kid, lots of personality and fire. When it comes to the game, he hates to lose. But people get insensitive sometimes to the fact that he's just a kid because they are focused on his attributes and his ability. We all say or do things in the heat of the moment that we wish we didn't say later. But this has been the most painful and biggest learning experience of his life. And for that we are truly thankful.

TheCity, I'm going to take from these comments that Money said something out of turn, popped off, something the coaches felt to be disrespectful, and he paid for it. Now it's over. Not a big deal, or as big a deal as many are fearing.

I'm not sure how many people around here would have a serious problem with such a thing, but I have a feeling that there are those here who would be strongly encouraged that Money is willing to be a vocal leader. Just...it's a trait that needs to be channeled constructively. :wink:

As you said, we all learn from life's lessons.

And there's another funny thing that most of us haven't considered. If Money is committed, or about to commit, I'm guessing that Gene Chizik is about to slip a gag order around your posting for a while. So my best wishes to you and your brother(s). Maybe we'll end up with both of them.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
TheCity, I'm going to take from these comments that Money said something out of turn, popped off, something the coaches felt to be disrespectful, and he paid for it. Now it's over. Not a big deal, or as big a deal as many are fearing.

I'm not sure how many people around here would have a serious problem with such a thing, but I have a feeling that there are those here who would be strongly encouraged that Money is willing to be a vocal leader. Just...it's a trait that needs to be channeled constructively. :wink:

As you said, we all learn from life's lessons.

And there's another funny thing that most of us haven't considered. If Money is committed, or about to commit, I'm guessing that Gene Chizik is about to slip a gag order around your posting for a while. So my best wishes to you and your brother(s). Maybe we'll end up with both of them.

Common sense tells me not to speculate on matters such as this. At the same time, your guess of saying the wrong thing doesn't seem to fit with what is known. Remember that Money's brother has also been suspended from the team. That tells me that they were involved together in some type of inappropriate activity. There are a wide range of inappropriate (including possibly criminal) activities that might well be non-violent, but still can be serious enough to warrant a suspension. I'll leave it to the coaches to get the full story and make the appropriate decision.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Hope this doesn't become a focal point of this site. Its a dead topic with so many people that make decision, thus the reason we flew to Ames to see watch the cyclones and see what type of community it was.

It's a dead topic as far as I'm concerned and has been pretty much from the start. Hopefully a couple others will let it go.

Glad you and your family had a great time and came away with a good impression of Ames and ISU. I'm really looking forward to seeing Money in an ISU uniform next year and seeing you as a regular on this board for the next 2 years! :yes:

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
What you didn't list:
Money is the #2 overall best JUCO player in the country. Money is just a 19 year old kid.

Now with that being said, I can't go into detail but no that the issue was non violent, and non drug related, but it was out of his normal character and the people who know him best know that. He is a great kid, lots of personality and fire. When it comes to the game, he hates to lose. But people get insensitive sometimes to the fact that he's just a kid because they are focused on his attributes and his ability. We all say or do things in the heat of the moment that we wish we didn't say later. But this has been the most painful and biggest learning experience of his life. And for that we are truly thankful.

That's all I can really say. Hope this doesn't become a focal point of this site. Its a dead topic with so many people that make decision, thus the reason we flew to Ames to see watch the cyclones and see what type of community it was.

And by the way Arkansas Cyclone we are from North Eastern Arkansas. Oceola, Luxora, and Blytheville.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there's been a lot of off field problems in Iowa: Iowa and UNI have had a lot of character issues with their players off the field.

Something that I think a lot of ISU fans are proud of is that we're supporting a team of class individuals. While we want to win and have a competitive program, I will say that off field problems drive our fans away more so than losing (as you saw a pretty full Jack watching a 2-8 team in the cold).

I'm glad the situation wasn't something that's serious. Don't take any of the speculation personally. It's just that we want to have talent on the team but also people that we can enjoy cheering for.

The thing is that none of us know Money. We hear about all sorts of problems in college athletics, so of course our fans are going to speculate about the worst; many of us have been seeing and hearing about it in Cedar Falls and Iowa City.

I'm glad the situation is a non-issue and something in the past. We all make mistakes and learn from them; it's part of being a young adult...

I'm also glad to hear your whole family enjoyed your trip to Ames! We hope to see more of you in the future!

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots

My God, I certainly hope not. I believe that would get the program in deep ****.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Common sense tells me not to speculate on matters such as this. At the same time, your guess of saying the wrong thing doesn't seem to fit with what is known. Remember that Money's brother has also been suspended from the team. That tells me that they were involved together in some type of inappropriate activity. There are a wide range of inappropriate (including possibly criminal) activities that might well be non-violent, but still can be serious enough to warrant a suspension. I'll leave it to the coaches to get the full story and make the appropriate decision.

Non criminal. Nothing crazy.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
We just need to move on from why he was suspended. It's a mute point. People make a big deal that he was suspended for the rest of the season like its August or something and there were 11 games left. It's November, relax.

And for the people who continue to question Money, find something else to worry about. I think it would be a great fit for both parties involved if he's a Cyclone.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
What you didn't list:

Juco rankings, let alone pre-season juco rankings mean absolutely nothing. Here's how the pre-season ranking ended up:

"Big things were expected of Darius Reynolds, a sophomore and a preseason All-America selection at quarterback. After a poor start, he was replaced by McRae and moved to receiver. Reynolds had just 96 yards passing..."

As far as him being the # 2 juco player in the country, I would think that this isn't the case since he's not even playing football right now and hasn't been. I pulled up rivals and it has him as #38 under athlete.

I do have a question that I'm sure was explained. I know you're his brother, but are you the brother that also got suspended that played with him?

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Juco rankings, let alone pre-season juco rankings mean absolutely nothing. Here's how the pre-season ranking ended up:

"Big things were expected of Darius Reynolds, a sophomore and a preseason All-America selection at quarterback. After a poor start, he was replaced by McRae and moved to receiver. Reynolds had just 96 yards passing..."

As far as him being the # 2 juco player in the country, I would think that this isn't the case since he's not even playing football right now and hasn't been. I pulled up rivals and it has him as #38 under athlete.

I do have a question that I'm sure was explained. I know you're his brother, but are you the brother that also got suspended that played with him?

I think you're talking about a different brother. I think TheCity is older than them

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Non criminal. Nothing crazy.

Thanks, I've been around enough 19 YO's to know that sometimes things happen out of the blue and that a second chance is the best option for all involved. I'm sorry that it appears that Money will not have that option at Reedley, but I'll support both him and the staff if it happens at Iowa State.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron