Mizzu FB contract extention

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by kgreeny, Nov 17, 2006.

1. kgreeny

kgreeny Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Mizzu just gave Gary Pinkle a three year extention and raise to 1.3 mil. per year. He now has 5 years on his contract. Mizzu has two games left against ISU and KU and needs to win both to reach 9 wins. Word from sports talk radio in KC is "those two game are give me's. We're just giving it to him 2 weeks early."

2. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    Depending on if our team is really fired up or not to send Mac out on a winning note, I wouldn't say we are a "gimme." Neither is KU a gimme anymore either. Ask ISU, Nebraska, and Missouri themselves...

3. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    We haven't won a game in the Big 12 this year, we're 14.5 point dogs, we're as close to a gimmie as it gets at this point.

4. CYKO TY

CYKO TY Member

Nov 13, 2006
    CICC Manager
    West Des Moines
    I have to agree with Bryce

5. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Hope our linebackers can chase down Daniel.

6. loboclone

loboclone Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Western Sales Manager
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    depends on which team shows up........the team that has played uninspired all season ..........or the team that is sending D-Mac out with a win. .....huh 14.5 pt spread? take the spread.

7. ornryactor

ornryactor Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Ames
    This just goes to show you, no matter how bad a team looks, there's ALWAYS the possibility they'll pop up from the grave and knock you flat on your back.

A "gimmie", my ***.

8. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    You could tell just by the way the Mizzou players and coaches were walking around, just by their demeanor, that they thought they were going to come into JTS and just punk the **** out of us. Especially after they drove down for a TD on the first possession of the game.

I'm really glad our players bounced back and made them pay. The Mizzou boards are in full meltdown over this and are very angry that their AD gave Pinkie an extension before allowing the season to run its course. I love it.

9. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    We were a section or two over from the Mizzou fans - they kept chanting "we love you... [something]", but we couldn't hear what it was. Does anyone know?

10. ISUKyro

ISUKyro Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Teacher
    Houston, TX
    IMO that's the best thing about college sports! Sure you never know who will win some of the pro sports, but the emotions that go into college sports just can't be beat. Great to see a Cyclone victory against a Mizzu team that has enjoyed success this year.