Missouri's spread attack is bad news for ISU ?

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by BenEClone, Oct 24, 2007.

1. BenEClone

BenEClone Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Lincoln, Ne
    I'm not familiar with Bobby La Gesse and I've not seen all the games. But, it seems he is a little too harsh on the ISU defense in this article. It seems the problems we have had aren't linked, necessarily, to a spread offense. If we have a problem with Mizzou offense it is more likely going to be the QB scramble rather than the spread. Thoughts?

Mid-Iowa Newspapers - Missouri's spread attack is bad news for ISU

2. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    The only thing that is a problem for ISU is ISU. It all depends on what team shows up.

3. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I'm really not terribly concerned with our defense. How our offense does will more than likely determine the outcome of the game.

4. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    I hate to say it, but unless they really show up this weekend, ISU is going to get clobbered. They do not defend passes well, and Mizzou has some insane weapons. I cannot wait to see the Mizzou v OU rematch.

5. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Our defense spreads out, makes solo tackles, less dependent on linebackers, etc. I do not expect Chase to run as much as we are less prone to rushing yardage. I expect pass after pass to their tight ends that we do not defend very well.

Our offense better score this game. They only have four games left in their career.

6. rd4isu

rd4isu Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ditto that. They'll spread us out knowing we don't play well in space (see Texas Tech and Texas games). Our offense will have to do a much better job of sustaining drives or it'll be another Texas beat down IMO.

7. ISU4ME

ISU4ME Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Mizzou has a very solid team and this could turn ugly in a hurry if our offense does not move the ball and eat up the clock. Hopefully it is not a Texas like score but I have a bad feeling it could be potentially worse.

8. ketelmeister

ketelmeister Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2006
    We are the most vunerable against the spread offense. Our lack of speed and depth really show. Teams can run our guys to death, and there is no one to give them a blow. We have to keep our offense ON the field to have any chance. We did this against Nebraska, and it almost worked.

9. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Missouri runs an offense like Texas Tech and Texas. That says it a lot, imo. It could get ugly, unless our defensive line steps up huge and pressures Daniel all day.

10. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    The only way we win is if we score more points than mizzou

11. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    Hmm quite the insightful point... :wink:

On a more serious note though yeah we need our defense to show up but it won't matter if our Offense can't do anything in the red zone :no:

12. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Maybe YOU should be in the running for the HC job at Nebraska....

Seriously, I think our defense is the least of our worries in this game. Mizzou did hold Texas Tech to 10 points. Let's just be happy you can't get negative points.

13. justincl

justincl Member

Apr 11, 2006
    John Madden, is that you?!?!?:biglaugh: