Media Butthurt over CPR and Lazard

Discussion in 'Football' started by cyhawkdmb, Feb 6, 2014.

1. cyhawkdmb

cyhawkdmb Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    Listening to Murph and Andy and cannot get over the butthurt right now. Also saw a article from Tommy Birch. Same butthurt.

I know do we really need another thread? probably not. But It is ridiculous right now.

Even sounded like M&A took a jab at Lazard. Saying (paraphrasing) well I never heard Lazard not answer any of the questions he was asked.

2. 1TRUFAN

1TRUFAN Active Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Senior Compliance Officer
    Ankeny, IA
    Listening to M&A as well. It would appear that CPR comments really got under Murph's skin for some reason. Not sure why he (and other's in the media) are freaking out about this. My god, the kid probably wanted the media to leave him alone finally and asked CPR to say as much.

3. 1TRUFAN

1TRUFAN Active Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    28 minutes into the show and they are still talking about their buthurt! As always...the media making the story about themselves...

4. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Garmen was all up in arms too....Ken Miller to an extent as well.

wish they would have some guts and get Rhoads on and talk 1 on 1 about it.

These are the same guys who complain about how coaches give "coach speech" all the time. Then when a coach speaks his mind, they get all butthurt.

Hey, maybe if you didn't run article after article of speculating if Lazard is 100%, you might earn some good graces. Even Marty Tirrell admitted he is eating crow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iowast8fan

iowast8fan Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Ankeny
    Someone else commented that all Iowa's freshmen are off-limits to the press. Can anyone confirm that? if so, what is the big deal about Lazard being off limits. Probably just the fact that CPR had the "balls" to call out the press. Good for him!

6. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    This threads has butthurt over the medias butthurt over Rhoads butthurt

7. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse
    The media did this to themselves. Actually unfollowed Murphy on twitter because his tweets about it were so annoying. He doesn't run this program, and his media buddies wore out their welcome.

8. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    Murph and Andy don't get it BECAUSE they are so impartial and neither is truly and Iowa or ISU fan.

Sears is an obvious Hawkeye fan with an axe to grind against ISU. He called ISU "Clowns" in a broadcast and then a few weeks later did that incredibly insulting interview. I like Murph and Andy a lot, but they're defending their friend too hard here. Anyone who thinks those two things are just coincidence is being willfully ignorant, nobody could know for sure, but it's highly unlikely.

I have no way to call in, but I hope ISU fans that do make sure they tell them they know they are making all good points...but they're not a part of the rivalry like Sears and many many other local media people clearly are.

9. cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    M&A said it was justified to keep asking because of the guy who switched from Iowa to Alabama, and also because of ISU's bad season. WTF...

10. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    True and the fact Lazard left open the possibility of going to ND.

11. Cy83ag

Cy83ag Active Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Farmer
    Earlham
    Did CPR call out all of the media or just some in particular? There were a lot of tweets(?) on here last fall attributed to Tirrell calling out Lazard for not going to Notre Dame. I didn't think CPR's comments were about all the media, just a few.

12. 1TRUFAN

1TRUFAN Active Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    I have butthurt over your butthurt comment!

13. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    I'll be waiting for the day someone on WHO covers an Iowa "Squawks" game and then a few weeks later has an interview with Iowa's best recruit ever asking him why he doesn't dump Iowa 20 times. I mean since it's all simple and no media members are anti-ISU it's bound to happen!

So delusional. I forgive them because it comes from wanting to defend their coworker, but in this case their nature of being outside the rivalry is blinding them.

14. cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    Is there video of Sears calling ISU the Clowns?

15. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    Someone call in and tell them that part of the "context of the time" they keep mentioning is that the guy called ISU "Clowns" a few days before. It's not some wild conspiracy theory, it's incredibly reasonable to think a Hawkeye is a Hawkeye.

Not even getting into all the print stories that ran for months.

16. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    I am liking CPR more and more. ISU has long needed someone to tell the local media to GFT

17. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    There is far more butthurt in this thread than there is by the media

18. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    I think Rhoads accomplished his goal

19. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    There was "butthurt" from obvious Hawkeye fans in the media all along, and now they're bummed he didn't leave.

Now today there's different "butthurt" of people like Murph and Andy who can't comprehend that many of their peers actually are biased cheerleaders for either program. It's not that difficult and they're smart guys so I'm surprised they don't understand.

Take Andy being a lifelong Cards fan...let's say he gets a job in Chicago covering the Cubs...then right away he gets caught on tape calling them the Chicago Turds...then the next day he asks the Cubs free agent target 20 times why he'd play for a crappy team like the Cubs.......and they expect rational people to think Andy loves the Cubs and is only so so about the Cards. That's asinine.