Media All Big 12 Team

Discussion in 'Football' started by Judoka, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    #1 Judoka, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    3 Cyclones on the second team Media All Big 12 Team

We got less love from the media than the coaches, though at least Van der Kamp got listed on this one.

2. Yes13

Yes13 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Collin Franklin should be first team. Egnew is a fricken wide reciever.

3. Clonedep156

Clonedep156 Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Deputy Sheriff
    Des Moines
    As usual, we get no love because we're Iowa State. Franklin is a first teamer and both linebackers deserved better.

4. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    I'm suprised Knott didn't get first team in either this or the coaches selections. I guess at the end of the day they considered him a really good player, but not a gamechanger. I think he'll be first team next year though.

5. xboxfever

xboxfever Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Michale Egnew

83 catches 698 yards 4 TDs

Collin Franklin

54 catches 530 yards 3 TDs

Egnew is more deserving. I have no clue why people are upset. All 3 of them, and the other 2 in the coaches, were rewarded for having a great season and people want to ***** because they are not first team. Egnew had a better season and the linebackers obviously in the coaches and medias mind made a bigger impact on the game than Knott. They still felt very highly of him and rewarded him with a second team. I see no problem with any of the voting. ISU had a losing season and you people want everyone to be a first teamer. Give me a break. The players were rewarded for great seasons. Next season Knott, Kirby, LJ, probably Osemele, and probably Klein will be rewarded with pre season all conference teams and that is a big honor also considereing ISU usually has 1-2 if any as pre season guys. Heck, ISU usually only has 1-2 if that as post season all conference. You people should be happy these guys were rewarded with their excellent seasons.

6. Yes13

Yes13 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    I don't think Egnew should be first team, becasue he isn't a TE. He's listed as one, but he isn't. He always lines up out wide, or in the slot, and he never blocks. He only runs routes.

We should have listed Todd Blythe as a TE, and he would have made first team every year.

7. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

On the bright side, we have some nice young talented players on there (and Franklin)

8. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    It's cool that Van der Kamp is the only freshman to make the team.