McIntosh or Ricky Morgan

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by ajk4st8, Jan 31, 2007.

1. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    I choose RM. He is no longer the worst ISU PG.

Although that would make for one sweet PPV 1 on 1 game.

2. professor

professor Member

May 26, 2006
    Coralville, IA
    :laugh8kb:LMAO!!!

3. Go_State

Go_State Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I would never take back Ricky Morgan. :no6xn:

4. 06_CY

06_CY Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    You have got to be kidding; Ricky Morgan is BY FAR the worst "player" I have ever seen put on an ISU jersey. Cory may look like crap, but hes WAY ahead of Ricky Morgan.

Gotta give ya negative rep for even considering taking Ricky over Cory.

5. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Ricky Morgan played "ok" in February and March. He also played very well as a senior at UNLV.

6. lennon3

lennon3 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I remember seeing Rick Morgan on SC his SR year at UNLV because he led a 10 point comeback with 50 seconds left in the game!! lol!

7. JJ4ISU

JJ4ISU Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    WDM Side of Waukee
    Holy Cow! When I was sitting on my couch watching the game I was thinking the same thing. Who were these guys playing before they got to ISU to make them look even decent? They are both equally not good;borderline Division 1 players, let alone Big 12.

8. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Play Curry. Play Mike Smith.

9. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    Ricky Morgan...remembering him makes me chuckle.

10. arganbright2

arganbright2 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Anybody remember Brandon Hawkins. I thought that guy was a stud his freshman year then he transferred out. Anybody know what happenned to him???

11. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    San Jose State, then the Harlem Globe Trotters for awhile

12. ajjohnson

ajjohnson Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Lee Love was worse than either one of them. A lot of freshman point guards are not ready to play in college right away, and need a year or two of seasoning. I am not sure that Diante Garrett is going to be an immediate star like some are predicting. He might need a year of seasoning before pg is a postion of strength for us.

13. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Aaron Agnew at the free throw line? That was a work of art.

14. sdsmith4

sdsmith4 Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Student
    Ames, Iowa
    yea Hawkins turned out to be a good player, I think he might have been a part of the team that beat Iowa State one year, not sure, I know he was on the bench, he had a pretty good career. We have had a lot of bad recruits, McIntosh isn't even close to Aaron Agnew, lets just say that, Mike Evanovich, Adam Schaper, Andrew Skoglund

15. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    There are several frosh PGs that are doing well on good teams this year. Like Conley at Ohio State, Dawson at North Carolina and Augustin at Texas. All were rated higher than Garrett was last fall. So lets hope Diante excedes expectations or is under rated. He is our hope for next year.

16. pulse

pulse Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    When I first read the thread title I started laughing! Everyone on the team needs to get stronger. I'll give McIntosh the benefit of the doubt and hope his career far surpasses that of Rickey!

17. ekim121

ekim121 Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Don't sleep on Ricky...while he certainly played poorly for ISU I think it was lack of coaching and not lack of physical ability. I think we all agree for Cory its simply a lack of the physical tools needed (height/strength). I think with the right coaching, or any offensive coaching at all, Ricky would've been a solid contributor. He did play well at UNLV under Lon Kruger, and I think if Larry would've actually had some direction on offense Ricky could've done a lot better. It also didn't help that he had NO ONE around him as Tyray Pearson and Jake were our best players.

Bottom line, if Larry would've recognized that Ricky wasn't Tinsley and needed some direction Ricky wouldn't be the butt of so many jokes.

18. jtdoyle1

jtdoyle1 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Designer
    Ankeny, IA
    Anyone remember Tony Rampton. That guy was so clumsy he would trip over his own shadow.

19. jparker22

jparker22 Member

May 1, 2006
    Ames
    RM was utterly and completely uncoachable. I sat in practices with him running the point and the kid was horrible. Unwilling to fight for anything and unwilling to learn from his coach. Larry spent too much time on him in practice if anything. One practice he wouldn't even touch the lines during a running drill. Larry stands by the line watches Ricky ignore the line and turn to run back down court. Larry stops the drill, runs it again and Ricky again does't touch the line. So Larry tells him to leave of course he doesn't want to and here is where Larry goes off subtly. He walks slowly over to RM leans down and calmly/quietly says "Ricky if you want you can come up to my office tonight, we'll sit down and make a few calls to some other coaches, maybe we'll call Tom (Izzo) and see if maybe he wants you to play for him. I just don't get it Ricky if you don't want to practice right, I just don't get it, but you just stop by after practice and we'll make some calls together." Barely made a dent, RM touched the lines but still practiced like crap. Glad he left and I would never compare any of our current players to him.

20. jtdoyle1

jtdoyle1 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Designer
    Ankeny, IA
    True let's lump poor talent with poor attitude. If a guy is truly busting his but to get beeter I can't fault him for making a few mistakes rather then just not caring.