MBB Shootout after Texas game?

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by goldmember, Oct 7, 2007.

1. goldmember

goldmember Well-Known Member

May 31, 2006
    After the Texas game, will there be a Basketball shootout to kick off the season.

2. clonez

clonez Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    any idea on what will go on, if it will be the same blah thats been going on in the past?

3. 83Clone

83Clone Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    I think that ship sailed. I don't remember one last year and believe it is in the ash can where it should stay.

4. clones11

clones11 Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Ames
    back when floyd was coaching we had some really fun shoot outs with threepoint contests dunk contests, i always thought this was a fun way to show off the team and get people excited for the upcoming season. i hope it comes back

5. goldmember

goldmember Well-Known Member

May 31, 2006
    I agree when Floyd was coaching, the shootout was much more entertaining. I remember sitting in the nosebleeds, because Hilton was close to full. Ever since they started having the men and women together the event has become to drawn out.

6. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    No offense, but I doubt combining the men and women did it. If you had it all guys I think it'd still be empty. I think making the tourny only once since '01 has had a lot more to do with it.

7. necromancy

necromancy Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Software Architect
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I don't whether combining the men and women made a difference, either, but I doubt not making the tourney caused it either. At the start of the season, optimism is always high, and people are hungry for the season to start.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of showcase to start the season, and I would prefer the women and men be separate. They are really two separate "products" and should be marketed separately.

8. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Well, either way, is this thing going to happen? I hope so, I love to see the team any chance I get. Is there going to be a scrimmage beforehand if not?

9. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    I thought adding the women killed the event too....

or wait... maybe the subpar teams;)

10. ISUKyro

ISUKyro Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Teacher
    Houston, TX
    I always looked at it as a good chance to get back into Hilton. I'm really starting to miss Hilton and Jack Trice. So many good memories - and it was only 3 years ago...

11. mkadl

mkadl Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cornfield
    Before game

I am taking my 11 year old "future Cyclone" he would love to see the bb team. Anyone know anything?

12. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member

Jun 20, 2006
    bump. I want to know for certain also.

- keep.

13. brinkch

brinkch Member

Mar 25, 2006
    MBB scrimmage this Saturday???

Does anyone know if there is going to be a scrimmage this Saturday at Hilton, and if so, what time???

14. pthebutcher

pthebutcher Member

Nov 14, 2006
    DoE Hydrologist
    Portland
    Re: MBB scrimmage this Saturday???

Sadly there is no scrimmage. I just emailed Ron Smith, Director of Basketball Operations and here is his reply:

"We start practice this week and will not have a scrimmage on Saturday before the game."

Too bad, I was excited to see the team this weekend.

15. spierceisu

spierceisu Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Engineer/Draftsman
    Perry, IA
    I wish that the shootout was back at Midnight like the way it used to be. That way we can call it Midnight Madness again.