March Madness Vault

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by mizouse87, Mar 4, 2011.

1. mizouse87

mizouse87 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Des Moines
  2. mizouse87

mizouse87 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Des Moines
    watching the UNI upset over Kansas as I type.

3. psycln11

psycln11 Active Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    Ankeny
    Except 3 of the 4 ISU clips are of games I'd rather forget!!

4. isufan

isufan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Iowa

But Fizer and Tinsley's game against UCLA was a thing of beauty.

5. CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6 Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Male
    Recruiting
    Cedar Rapids

That was a complete beatdown. I have in on video and watch it from time to time. I remember the USA Today previewing the game, pretty much game ISU no chance. UCLA had better athletes, depth, etc. Lundquist and Raftery are great announcers also. They did all the ISU games that tourney.

6. isufan

isufan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Iowa

Agreed.

7. mac4cy

mac4cy Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Teacher
    Urbandale
    Thanks for the link. This means that I will be very unproductive today at work.

8. DRCHIRO

DRCHIRO Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Started watching isu-michigan state. Made me feel like crap.

Now watching iowa-northwestern state to make me feel better.

9. cayin

cayin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I watched the Michigan State game. Even though I taped it, I have never watched it, until now. I cried myself to sleep that night. I knew if we won we were going to be national champions. Anyway, we got jobbed pretty bad in this game. Everyone remembers the way the game was called in the second half. However, in the first half MSU was fouling, get called for fouls, but also getting away with a lot too. Izzo had no right to get a T. His team was getting away with a lot.

10. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    I can watch Illinois vs. Arizona in 05' over and over.

11. SC Cy

SC Cy Well-Known Member

You suck for posting this website. I can watch these clips and games for days.

12. CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6 Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Male
    Recruiting
    Cedar Rapids
    that never gets old

13. EddieISU

EddieISU Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    I have no interest in watching the Michigan State/ISU game.....EVER. We got messed over to say the least. Cool website and I plan on investing a lot of time watching games, thanks for the heads up.

14. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    That was on ESPN classic yesterday.

15. cyclones500

cyclones500 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Male
    writer/editor
    Michigan
    Against my better judgment, I had to watch parts of the first 32 or so minutes of the Hampton game, because I never saw much of it before that point. My impulse is to watch the final minute to see if it ends differently, but it probably won't.

2 points in the final 8 minutes ... none in the last 7. Unreal. They mostly looked terrible from the beginning.

I can't tell if that was a terrible coaching job or disinterested/uninspired play as a team, or a combination. And they still probably should've won by double digits.

16. egunzy

egunzy Active Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Humeston, IA
    While the 2000 Michigan State game still hurts so does the 1997 UCLA game. I don't care who you are.......Cameron Dollar CLEARLY extended his left arm and forearm on the drive to the hoop. I thought that in 1997 when I was drunk watching at a bar and I still think that tonight after seeing it again. Hollaway went flying and it was no acting job. Terrible non-call that cost ISU the game. You always hear the argument that the refs do not want to decide the game by making calls like that at the end of games but I would counter that by NOT making the call they are deciding the game as well. I'm not saying that I'm against letting the players decide it on the floor, however, when a player creates an advantage against another player by unjust means it needs to be called. Unfortunately it wasn't called that night......

17. cayin

cayin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I agree egunzy. The same thing happened to Texas A and M against UCLA in the NCAA tournament a couple of years ago. The games was in LA and A and M was down one on their final possession. The A and M player was clearly fouled on the arm disrupting the shot. The kid should have been shooting two. There was even pictures of it all over the net and in the news papers. I hate refs deciding the game by not making the call.

18. cyfanatic13

cyfanatic13 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I'm young so I've never seen the game. When does the call happen that Eustachy goes nuts?