Mangino versus Kiffin

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who would you want as OC?

• Lane Kiffin

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Mark Mangino

Votes: 110 94.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Lane Kiffin is like some sort of coaching version of Paris Hilton minus the obvious route of his inheritance.

Yeah, he's the worst, "best" coach out there. Only a matter of a year or two he'll be back as a head coach at a premiere school, falter, go to another big name, etc.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I'm not sure. I'd rather have Mangino on game day but Kiffin is a hell of a recruiter.

In fairness though, USC could sit on their ***** all year, then call 100 kids the day before signing day to offer and still get 5 5 stars and 20 4 stars.

He can recruit to places that don't need a recruiting pitch, show me a guy who can pull 4 stars at a non-trad power and I'll call him a good recruiter.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Put me in the camp who thinks Lane Kiffin has never truly EARNED a job in his life.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
In fairness though, USC could sit on their ***** all year, then call 100 kids the day before signing day to offer and still get 5 5 stars and 20 4 stars.

He can recruit to places that don't need a recruiting pitch, show me a guy who can pull 4 stars at a non-trad power and I'll call him a good recruiter.

Scott Drew? :perr:

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
Lane Kiffin is like some sort of coaching version of Paris Hilton minus the obvious route of his inheritance.

Interesting parallel. Most people had never heard of Paris until that sex tape. Tennessee fans probably thought Lane had done the same to them, including talking on the phone (to other employers) when he should have been, ahem, paying attention to Volunteer fans.