Mangino also had issues as HS coach

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by Tornado man, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
  2. twistedredbird

twistedredbird Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Executive Director
    Midwest
    yes, making kids clean up after themselves in a lockeroom to contribute is abusive.:jimlad:

whatever....now everyone who has a gripe against Mangino will be coming out of the woodwork.

3. Prone2Clone

Prone2Clone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    McDonald's issued a release this morning regarding Mangino's long-time abuse of their Big Macs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    And you'll have a boatload of people faking outrage over every accusation.

5. nickwc

nickwc Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Ames
    this whole thing is overboard imo. they needed to keep this in house and try not to let everyone hear about it.

6. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA

No kiddin these weren't racial or biggoted comments, no one else should be offended by anything he did...other than the kids/families he supposedly said it to.

7. No, Let it all out. The more they talk about it... the more their recruits begin to have second thoughts...

8. Cyched

Cyched Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Ames
    “He was probably the best coach I’ve ever had, in any sport,â€￾ said Cam-Rahn Cortez, also a senior on the 1990 team. “He’s very intense, which is something I like. He just knows how to get you motivated. He yelled at me as much as anybody, but I think it made me a better person.â€￾

So not everyone had a problem with his style. If these kids(KU or this HS), can't handle a little yelling, they shouldn't be out for sports. I know we don't have the full details, but some of this seems WAY overblown

9. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Exactly! However this turns out, it will be good for ISU. We recruit against Kansas quite a bit and play them every year, so a hurting Kansas program is a good thing for us!

10. Wingback

Wingback Active Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Here's the bottom line guys. If Kansas is 9-2 or 8-3 and headed for the Big 12 championship game, everybody on the team, at the school, and in Lawrence is in love with the guy. Unfortunately, it appears that Kansas just can't deal with success in football. If they fire the guy, we'll see Kansas returning to the revered dormat position in the Big 12 North.

11. Rods79

Rods79 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Moines
    Now that is funny! :biglaugh: Gotta love a good Mangino fat joke.

12. Rods79

Rods79 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Moines
    They are called "helicopter parents"...those that are too involved in the critical juncture of a child's life where they learn to take care of things for themselves. I can see how they would be numerous in the sport world.

The helicopter parents are lifting away Mangino's career at KU...and everyone is coming out of the woodwork now just for the sake of a change. People are that reactionary...they just like to see drama and things blow up.