Make an ISU Engineer mad? This happens...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtd9046, Apr 14, 2008.

1. jtd9046

jtd9046 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Sales
    Chicago
    Don't let it happen again!

2. bellzisu

bellzisu Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Agriculture
    Norwalk
    I have done some creative things with checks, but that tops anything I ever put on them.

3. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    I am going out on a limb here, but I am guessing there is no Mrs. Munroe.

4. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

That is funny... We have to know if they will cash that check.

This is more funny.

5. jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
    Sales
    Chicago
    Haha, probably right.

6. jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
    Sales
    Chicago
    It's not my check... should have made that clear. A buddy sent this to me.

7. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    The note in the corner actually makes it more funny. I didn't notice that at first.

8. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Is it still true that as long as the item has the bank information, account number, and routing number on it, its considered valid. I think you can pretty much make a check out of anything. I would love to create my own out of something odd.

9. TykeClone

TykeClone Burgermeister!

Oct 18, 2006
    It kind of has to be of a "standard" size and the line at the bottom must be of MICR ink.

I wonder what OCR would read this check as (my guess is he would have been debited more than the $530 or so dollars that it was for).

10. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    I agree. Most likely a fraud.

The best check I ever saw was from a policyholder for a company I used to work for. He had a VUL (variable universal life:wideeyed:) policy with us and it lapsed - again.

He was more than a little upset. On the due date of when his premium was due in order to catch up his policy, we received a check from him for the correct amount.

In the memo of the check, was a very, very well done drawing of a hand giving the bird. I mean, it was perfect. Very small, of course, to fit in the memo of the check. But excellently detailed.

Clearly a lot of thought and time went into that. I'm not sure how many times he practiced it. I do not believe he was an artist, as his occupation was an accountant. And no, it wasn't a stamp.

I used to have a copy of it, had all the personal info blacked out. Lost it in one of my moves, sadly.

11. drmwevr08

drmwevr08 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    Wow. Follow the links or do a search for Verizonmath and listen to the taped phone conversations that the guy (not this check guy - different guy) has with the phone goob's at Verizon. Over and over and over they quote a price ($0.002) as "point zero zero two cents."

Wasn't there a post recently about our education system going down the tubes? :)