MAILBAG: Updating expectations

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChrisMWilliams, Jan 14, 2014.

1. jburke

jburke Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    IT Application Analyst
    Ankeny, IA
    I think the game on Saturday will dictate a lot.... On a lighter note, we have a week between the next 2 games. I think we go 3-2 in the next 5, which puts us at 5-4 in conference.

2. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Niang isn't the only one who could have fouled out on moving screens. Even Mrs. Velo who was only half watching the game commented that the players in grey seemed to think the way to set a screen was to contact the player and then move in what ever direction the defender was trying to go.

3. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Apparently it was a slow question day...

4. Daserop

Daserop Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Space Debris Collection
    The Bebop
    [video=youtube;o7dp9OSqpdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7dp9OSqpdU[/video]

5. ahaselhu

ahaselhu Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Software Engineer
    Boone, IA
    I noticed this during the Iowa game when Georges was called for an illegal screen, and have been watching other teams on screens. I've seen several teams do this. The screener waits until the player makes contact, and then turns into the player and heads toward the hoop or back for a 3. It maintains longer contact with the player being screened, but sure looks like a moving screen to me every time.

6. cmjh10

cmjh10 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Iowa Falls
    CW answered my question. Day is made!! :yes::spinny:

7. Cybyassociation

Cybyassociation Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Eric Church? Really? He's like the male version of Taylor Swift. Instead of heartbreak, boys, and love...its boozing, fighting, and smoking. Man stuff.