MacBook Pro question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CycloneWarrior, Dec 13, 2012.

1. CycloneWarrior

CycloneWarrior Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Urbandale,Ia
    So I am getting a new macbook pro 13 inch this weekend and was wondering if any of you had any good recommendations on cases for it. I keep seeing pretty similar stuff that is boring. I checked out some on threadless.com and there were some cool designs. Any other websites that sell hard cases with unique/cool designs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. wxman1

wxman1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Cedar Rapids
    Are you talking about a hard shell or a carrying/travel case? IMO getting a shell for a macbook is stupid since it looks so nice.

I have a mac rant but I will save it.

3. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    I just get something that allows you to grip it better. I have a macbook as my desktop at work, because I run off to meetings or go work at other peoples desks so much.

4. The thing's carved out of a single block of aluminum; what good is there in wrapping it with a thin layer of plastic?

5. timappelgate

timappelgate Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Golf Course Pro Shop
    Cedar Falls, IA
    I've had mine for 4 years now and have no case on it, and it looks the same as the day I bought it. Just be careful with it and save the money.

6. mksmith2

mksmith2 Active Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Male
    Forms Designer
    Ames, IA
    Frankly, all you really need is a neoprene sleeve. I've bought the plastic hard cases that go around before and while they're nice, they add extra bulk, weight, and mostly provide cosmetic protection which can be had with a neoprene sleeve or a laptop skin if you want to go that route. I still suggest a neoprene sleeve no matter what though makes it a heck of a lot easier to carry around.

7. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Because it is really slippery if your hands are not completely clean. My wife dropped her $1500 macbook when she put lotion on her hands. Expensive lesson.