Mac approves of Chizik

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Nedrick, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Nedrick

Nedrick Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Graphic Designer
    Carroll, IA
    KDSM (Des Moines' Fox affiliate) did a phone interview with McCarney in which he said he'd followed Chizik from afar and stated that JP had made a great choice to lead the ISU football program.

(What else is he going to say?)
  2. Kramer

Kramer Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Anytown, USA
    Hmmmm. Is that a good or a bad thing? Kind of like returning all 4 starters in the defensive backfield from a less than stellar defense.
  3. galles15

galles15 Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Golf Course Maintenence
    Ames, orginally from Remsen, IA
    I think its a good thing, he was a good coach and fairly intelligent. I know before the press conference/pep rally, I was talking with some guy and he suggested hiring Dan McCarney as a Jeff Johnson type of guy becuase there is no one better than Mac for promoting the university in every single sport.
  4. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Pretty sure Dan will have bigger fish to fry. I could see Dan as an AD, but I'm not sure if he could just sit back and watch other people coach.
  5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm still expecting McCarney to end up with the Stanford head coaching job. Based on his job here, I think he's the perfect coach for rebuilding a struggling Stanford program. Plus, Bowlsby's the AD there now and has witnessed McCarney's talents firsthand.