Lumpy's vs. Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Campus Life' started by cloneu, Jun 21, 2016.

?

Which was better?

1. Lumpy's

69 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. Lost and Found

32 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    I actually did know him: Justin.

I assume the bartender comment was about females? I know I looked at some ladies pouring beers at the piano.

2. Antihawk240

Antihawk240 Active Member

May 17, 2012
    I puked in Lumpy's on my 21st birthday. You know the drill the night before your birthday you go out right at midnight and your friends race to get you around town and slam 21 shots down your throat. Granted I highly doubt I made it to 21, but I do remember puking in Lumpys from a 3 Wisemen. As I was told the next day via same friends, the bouncer came in, giggled, and told my buddies it was time for me to go. Doubt it got cleaned up.

If I recall correctly Wednesday's Buck Burgers when Cy's was at capacity we were ushered up to Lost and Found which served as the overflow. That was much better for us too, since it was (like mentioned above) quieter and you could usually find a place to sit.

3. HappyJoe

HappyJoe Member

Jan 21, 2014
    sales
    Des Moines
    Of course. Close friend of mine.

4. weR138

weR138 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Orly?

My sister tended bar @ Lumps around that time. Served Horatio Sanz once.

5. NorthCyd

NorthCyd Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Lol...I spent plenty of time at Lumpy's. To be honest I don't remember ******* anywhere but the bathroom there, but my memories of that place aren't very vivid for obvious reasons. I probably ****** in the sink in the bathroom if it had one. I just think it's funny many people's fondest memories of the place seem to include ******* wherever they wanted.

6. Cybball37

Cybball37 Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    Waukee
    This thread brought back great memories of both bars. I was there from 89-93. I preferred Lumpy's. Lots of gross things down there. Didn't they at one time have a bathtub in that back room? I remember people pissing in that.
    Took my roommate there on his 21st. No one else in our group was 21 yet, but that place was always a sure thing. Gave him his last drink of the night (prairie fire shot) and sent him on his way with his girlfriend, where he puked at her place and spent the night in her bathtub. I still get reminded of that by her (they got married). :)

7. jburke

jburke Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    IT Application Analyst
    Ankeny, IA
    Yeah, this is odd debate for me, both are good bars for different reasons. Lost and Found was a great low key mid-week establishment. Lumpy's is a great dive, for a 'get wasted' night....