LOST: Black Rock Ship Log

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CycloneYoda, Aug 26, 2010.

1. CycloneYoda

CycloneYoda Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Letter from the black rock:

Front:

adequately portray the horrors of this fearful night. A strange mist has enveloped the ship. It is unusual and has put everyone ill at ease...

December 15? - The mist has totally disappeared and it is broad daylight. Despite best efforts to navigate away from the island, we cannot seem to escape its pull, and anxious rumors are spreading. Our compasses are rendered inert for reasons that mystify me.

Incomprehensible altogether is the conduct of Captain Hanso he prattles away the merest nonsense about the island and writes in his journal senseless equations. He was overheard asking Mhifield, "Is it 1881?" I cannot bring myself to the conclusion that the man is mad.

December 16? - The first to abandon his past was Thayer, a man I mentioned before as exhibiting something of a mutinous spirit. After complaining for days of headache and hallucinations, it would appear he has suffered a malady of the brain as blood rushes from his nostrils with no hope if stopping the flow. Before he explained in the doctors arms, he spoke as if a ten year old boy asking his mother for sweets.

Other members of the crew have begun to complain of similar headaches. The island is now off the port... was it not just starboard?

December 18? - An away team of six men was launched at first light in an attempt to get to the island with hopes of determining our location.

Only one returned alive. He seems in a deep shock, muttering about exchanging musket fire with another vessel which promptly disappeared in a flash of heavenly light. He went on to claim that after hours of traversing the island, his five crewmates simply jumped overboard as if lemmings and no degree of coaxing could persuade them back into the boat. They drowned. Every one.

There will be no more away teams.

Back:

December 19? - I awoke paralyzed by fear. Amidst the sounds of the night, there was something else. Though faint it sounded like the whispering of voices seemingly all around me. Then a scream froze in my throat - In the doorway to my cabin stood a shape -

It was Captain Hanso. Pale and fearful as if he'd seen the devil himself. I provided him a whiskey with h opes of putting him back in bed should any crewmember see him in this state, but the poor man seemed beyond calming. His mind was beset by conspiracies involving a man he called "Jacob" who Hanso believed commissioned this very expedition with the intention of bringing us to this maddening place.

Once Hanso was back in his quarters, I immediately reviewed the shipping receipts, but found no mention of any "Jacob"

If anyone is to get us out of this, it will not be that fool.

December 22? - Our lookout claims he has spotted two men on the shore of the island at the foot of the statue that has the crew so concerned. Another hallucination, no doubt. The wind freshened considerably... it appears a storm is imminent.

God save us all.

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Engineer
    Denver, CO
    Is this for real? It finally explains shooting in the outrigger chase.

3. CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
    100% real. Comes with the box set, if you insane enough to buy it.

4. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    Cool, not reading most of the letter as I want it to be a surprise, but awesome.

5. RayShimley

RayShimley Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Post-doc Fellow
    Stillwater, MN
  6. CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

Yeah, but for us suckers that were buying the seasons as they came along, we feel no need to buy the same stuff twice. That, and I have no Blu-Ray player.

7. WalkingCY

WalkingCY Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas City
  8. hwkwyld

hwkwyld New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Ankeny, IA
    This set is how I'm going to justify buying Blu-Ray!:smile:

9. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    I have a feeling in the next few years this kind of stuff will emerge to connect more dots. Its kind of fun and may end some questions.

10. CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
    Just think what a movie could do!!! :wink:

11. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
  12. CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
    I've pretty much watched most of the deleted scenes online. Not anything for answers, but it is still nice to get new stuff.

13. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    Got the blu-ray set as well... the casing wasn't as high quality as I was expecting, but the presentation is awesome. Without spoiling anything, the miniature black light including comes in handy. :wink: It was a very nice touch. I certainly wasn't expecting what I found.

Some of my DVD sets have gotten somewhat scratched over the years, so it's nice to have the blu-rays with the harder coating and all. Plus, the picture quality is a lot better.

14. CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

Did you find the hidden disc??

15. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    Maybe. :wink: It's just the bonus features for Season 6. But still a surprising way of finding it.

16. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    Only one returned alive. He seems in a deep shock, muttering about exchanging musket fire with another vessel which promptly disappeared in a flash of heavenly light.

Wow, I guess that explains the shooting during the time jumps!