Listening to ISU Football on I heart Radio

Discussion in 'Football' started by clonomaniac, Aug 29, 2011.

1. clonomaniac

clonomaniac Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Engineer
    St Louis, MO
    What radio station/channel do you think the ISU UNI game would be on for I heart radio App?

2. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Is 105.1 still doing game audio?

3. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    #3 00clone, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
    That's a crap shoot question. All stations, I believe are supposed to shut down their live feed. It was a weekly fight to try and find one, but that was before I joined clonezone.

4. Tarbox

Tarbox Well-Known Member

We are running the gameson the terrestrial side, but because of our agreement with the network we will not be streaming the games which is where iHeart gets it's audio.

5. colbycheese

colbycheese Well-Known Member

I've tried this via Iheartradio in the past. Every station I tried played their normal broadcast on the web stream instead of the game that they would play over normal radio signal. They try to drive web traffic through CloneZone so you buy subscription.

6. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Thats a bummer.

7. flynnhicks03

flynnhicks03 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I don't know a lot about I Heart Radio, but I doubt any ISU games will be available, unless there is some college football package. Isn't that app just a medium for picking up internet streaming radio stations? If so, most stations only play music over their interent streams, rather than playing sports. If you could pick up baseball and football games just by listening to local radio stations over the internet, there would be no need for paid subscriptions services.

8. Tarbox

Tarbox Well-Known Member

AFAIK, this is true but every once in a while that macro isn't put in right or doesn't run allowing the game to be streamed on some radio station website.

9. 00clone

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    Yeah, that's what it seems to me as well. The 'weekly fight' was clicking thru all of the affiliates feverishly trying to get one that screwed it up. It so wasn't worth it once I knew what Clone zone was and how much it cost.

10. clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
    Engineer
    St Louis, MO
    So if I was on the road during the game, do I need sattelite radio to catch the stream? Can anyone explain to me like I am a 2 years old? :)

11. guitarchitect7

guitarchitect7 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Photographer
    What are the options for portable radios anymore? Is it just going to the new ipod nano's that have a FM tuner in it? I wouldn't mind finding one with an AM tuner to get Cubs baseball as well....?????

12. Tarbox

Tarbox Well-Known Member

Lol, you aren't the only one, brother...our website sees exponentially increased traffic on Cyclone gameday.

13. Tarbox

Tarbox Well-Known Member

14. 00clone

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    First, like tarbox says, support your local affiliate, they support the cyclones, and that's free.

If that's not an option, I can't speak to it for sure, as I'm not in that boat, but I'm pretty sure a smart phone with the cyclones app and a clone zone subscription will get you at least audio pretty much anywhere there's coverage for your phone's data. I also believe all football and mbb have been live on clonezone (most are just audio, but it beats waiting for the final score).

15. theshadow

theshadow Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Yes. The new mobile apps plus a CZ subscription = live audio on your phone.

16. nrg4isu

nrg4isu Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Software
    Springpatch, Illinois
    It's not I heart Radio, but if you have sirius/xm it's on channel 117.

17. Senolcyc

Senolcyc Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010

Iowa State should crack down on stations that stream games, but for some reason they just let it slide.

18. clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
    Engineer
    St Louis, MO
    Thanks so much. I will download the clonezone app. Will the clonezone app have JUST the video during the game (UNI/ISU) OR ALSO an AUDIO only feed too?

I dont want to watch it since the quality wouldnt be as great while driving. Plus I am driving during the game! ;) (driving to branson resorts)

19. 00clone

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    Just speculation, but I think they might. It never seemed to be the same stations that'd 'forget' to shut off the feed. Also had feeds cut off mid game.

Clonomaniac: Not sure about the apps, but the clonezone web version always has an audio only option if there's video.

20. theshadow

theshadow Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    There is no live video on the mobile apps, only archived/on-demand video.

The only live content on mobile are audio and stats.

CZ sign-up info: https://www.nmnathletics.com/PremiumVideo.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700
    App purchasing info (you'll need the "premium" for CZ): Android App Released, Changes to Clone Zone Audio Packages - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports