LB Coach?????

Discussion in 'Football' started by KMAC_ATTACK, Jan 18, 2010.

1. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    I know that Wally coaches the LB'ers and is very good at it.....

But, i see that USF new head coach Skip Holtz will not retain David Blackwell the LB coach. Now head coach Paul Rhoads worked with him at Pitt and Wally worked with him at USF, this guy is a lb coach and has been a recruiting coordinator at both Illinois St and Clemson.....he is an awesome recruiter and very good position coach that Wally and Paul both know very well......

I would love to see ISU offer the LB coaching job to him.....this guy can flat out recruit with a lot of southern ties and specifically Florida and South Carolina.

2. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Bring him in.

3. d4nim4l

d4nim4l Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Analyst
    West Des Moines, IA
    Are we already maxed out on our assitants though? If so, someone would have to get cut to make room for him.

4. KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    completely forgot about that.....

give him a none coaching position.....can you have a recruiting coordinator that does not coach, i think thats what Scott Fountain does now at Auburn.....

5. KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    We could hire him in some capacity give him a title like Scott Fountain, but really he's a recruiting coordinator.......

Did anyone else know that Chizik hired Wayne Bolt as Director of Football Operations...

AUBURN OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Football

6. tman24

tman24 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Man he is one ugly guy.

7. KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    tru dat!!!!

8. jmb

jmb Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Why would anyone want to be give the title "Scott Fountain":wink:

9. KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    its a catchy title dont you think!!!!

10. Melvin

Melvin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Crete, NE
    Wayne must have some pix of Chizdik with a Goat. He was the worst DC ever and now he's the Director of FB ops.

11. deadeyededric

deadeyededric Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Parts Unknown
    A guy from Alabama asked me what I thought of Bolt when he was at ISU. I told him he was the most **** poor guy on the Chizik staff. Little did I know he was a long time friend of his, up here hunting. Truth hurts I guess

12. Frak

Frak Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I remember Blackwell's name being tossed around as a possible DC under Rhoads. I'd love to have a place for him, but it's not going to be in place of Ash, Bray or either of the Burnhams. Maybe a good name to keep in mind if we lose a coach or two after next season. Now, if they can find a way to get him into Operations, then they have a replacement coach already on staff if someone snags one of our coaches.