Lanning

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
The reality is that our coaching staff's ability to screw up QBs is rivaled only by their inability to come up with an offensive game plan. Johnny Manziel would look like a 'one or possibly two star star division one quarterback' if Rhoads and Mess were coaching him.

I think this is as close to reality as anything, unfortunately. It doesn't matter who we have under center in this system. Things are so screwed up, poorly taught, and mismanaged on gameday and during the week that we could have Johnny Manziel and it wouldn't make much difference. We've seen this for several years now, and it's not going to change until major upgrades occur on the offensive side of the ball with those wearing the headsets.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think CPR is so ignorant to think that ISU fans are, well, so ignorant. Of course most of us are smart enough to know that you cannot pin this season on Sam Richardson- CPR knows this. I take the statement at face value. The competition next Spring will be good for development, as will the snaps this year that both are receiving. I am still a believer in Richardson despite some of the mistakes he has made in this train-wreck year. It seems to me that SR has shown clear signs of being better than Barnett, Tiller, Janz, and Arnaud. Now we just need depth at on the O-Line

By far and away the deepest unit next season and its not even close. I wouldnt even know where to start with the list, but we lose no starters, in fact, we have only 1 upperclassman (Farniok who is a Jr).

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Johnny Manziel - Yahoo! Sports

Bliel and Herman recruited Manziel pretty hard to come to Iowa State. Surprised we were even on his radar but he was just a 3 star I suppose.

Did he get scared off because we already had Steele Jantz?

Seriously, can you imagine having him in Ames? Glad we are going for guys like him.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sammy throws a nice floating deep ball, but i really dont think he has the arm strength to whip the ball across the field on bubble screens and over the middle. Solid yes, just not a play maker with his arm.
Sounds like JaredB.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I don't think CPR is so ignorant to think that ISU fans are, well, so ignorant. Of course most of us are smart enough to know that you cannot pin this season on Sam Richardson- CPR knows this. I take the statement at face value. The competition next Spring will be good for development, as will the snaps this year that both are receiving. I am still a believer in Richardson despite some of the mistakes he has made in this train-wreck year. It seems to me that SR has shown clear signs of being better than Barnett, Tiller, Janz, and Arnaud. Now we just need depth at on the O-Line

I always wished Steele would get better his second season...

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Lanning benched 295 today start the hype up again

So you seem to have some inside information what have you heard about coaching changes? I heard last week from the offensive side of the ball it was just going to be moving people around. No real change on defense. I kind of let it go in one ear and out the other, but then I heard the exact thing from Randy Peterson on the Miller and Brinson show.

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So you seem to have some inside information what have you heard about coaching changes? I heard last week from the offensive side of the ball it was just going to be moving people around. No real change on defense. I kind of let it go in one ear and out the other, but then I heard the exact thing from Randy Peters on the Miller and Brinson show.

I still believe that Rhoads is the guy for ISU long term. If he just shifts people around he'll totally lose me as a fan.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
You would be surprised actually, if you could do it in the past.

No. I played football in high school and they made us lift 4 times a week and keep track of weights. We actually had a good strength and conditioning coach for a 3A high school.

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
It doesn't matter who the QB is, or RB for that matter, until we have an O-line that can block and move guys around. If you beat them in the trenches, only then will you see who can truly perform on a consistent basis.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Pretty sure we all thought a freshman QB who was redshirting last year would be the starting QB and the savior of the team this year as well. And well..we see how that's working out for us

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Pretty sure we all thought a freshman QB who was redshirting last year would be the starting QB and the savior of the team this year as well. And well..we see how that's working out for us

Some people keep saying that but I don't remember any practice hype from Rohach. I remember people being excited about him being in the Elite 11 quarterback thingy, but was there word that he was going to be a stud from practice last year? I thought the word was always that Sam was the most accurate qb but not much news about Rohach.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

Some people did, nowhere near all and frankly I don't think it was anywhere near a majority.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron