Keylon Williams

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Oldgeezer, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    Can any of you recruiting gurus tell us what's going on with this guy? Last spring, he was considered a prospect equal to Gibbs, then he got hurt, missed the AAU circuit and dissappeared from the rankings. He's having a great season at CR Kennedy, No. 2 ranked team in 4A? Who is recruiting him? ISU? (6' 3" SG/PG)

2. Clonehomer

Clonehomer Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Well I hope he's not being recruited by us. We have too many guards on scholarship as it is. We really need to get a big guy or two.

3. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    #3 Oldgeezer, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
    If what you are saying is true, Why would the coaching staff be recruiting 2 JC guards?

4. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    McD said on his call-in show he would like to have 5 post players and 8 guards (shooters). If the right player came along he would change that but for the most part 5 and 8 is the way he and the players like it.

5. CyclonesRule

CyclonesRule Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    West Des Moines
    You can never have too many guards. I remember thinking the same thing a few years ago but we have lost Carr, Degand, Dunson, McIntosh, Taylor, and Brister. There maybe more that I didn't mention. Now we did get McIntosh and Taylor because we lost Carr and Degand but they only stuck around 1 year, McIntosh cause he couldn't hack it in the Big XII and Taylor cause he's an idiot and criminal.

6. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Williams will not be at ISU. We are recruiting JC guys for the guard spot. We don't need another greenhorn at guard.

7. cyismydog

cyismydog Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    He is apparently a high major prospect, as he is now receiving interest from Kentucky etc. Here is his profile. He can flat out play, and I think he would be a good addition to ISU.
    Kaylon Williams - Basketball Recruiting