Key West

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Cyclonepride, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Ok, so my fiance and I finally landed on Key West for our honeymoon, partly because we weren't convinced we would get passports in time to go further south. Anyone have places that we should see? Thanks

2. CyGal

CyGal Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2006
    WDM
    So is this a pre-wedding honey-moon, or did you forget to call the fiance a wife??:wink:

3. HILLCYD

HILLCYD Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    You are on your honeymoon and posting on this site? :wideeyed:

4. psycln11

psycln11 Active Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    Ankeny
    Nope....Have fun in the motel room though!! :wink:

5. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    I think he meant that they landed on the decision for key west.

6. Cyclonepride

Staff Member

Poorly worded, sorry:smile:......we decided on Key West, rather than just landed. If I am posting on Cyclone Fanatic on my honeymoon, it may end abruptly!

7. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    Find a good guide and go flats fishing, way more fun then deep sea, not sure what the wifey will think of this though... The daily sunset fest is well....interesting... Lots of good live music, might even see Bronson Arroyo playing...

8. Jerry1982

Jerry1982 Member

Sep 3, 2006
    NE Iowa
    To me th:wacko:is looks like pre-wedding planning for the honeymoon that will be taken post marriage.

9. wartknight

wartknight Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Its the last time you're going to get any so take advantage of it.

10. SuperCy

SuperCy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Superhero. Founding memb
    Smallville/Metropolis
    I was down there 6 or 7 years ago and we just played it by ear. Had a great time.
    Check out the place that sells nothing but hot sauce. Hopefully it's still there. Some of that stuff will knock you on your butt. They have a bar set up and you can test a lot of them.

11. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini

I dont like your attitude. Women are people too and deserve the upmost respect. Stop objectifying them with your caveman ways.

snicker snicker....... Ok shes not looking anymore.

I agree completely. =)

12. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Not this again.....:SLEEP:

13. Cyclonepride

Staff Member

I'm old people........not gettin' any means I can get some extra sleep:twitcy:.

14. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    #14 ISUFan22, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
    I call bullsh*t.

On Key West, I know nothing about it.

IMO, on vacations, have a few things planned that you know you want to do, but wing the rest of it.

We've had far more fun recently on our vacations because we didn't plan much of it ahead of time. We collected some info up front on our destination and gathered advice from people living there or people that have traveled there before (CF members have been helpful). And, we'll take our laptop along so while we're there, we can look up other activities and get detailed directions on the fly.

Sometimes you get there and the activities you planned don't look as good as they did before. Weather tosses a wrench in your plans. You change your minds, etc. We've had some of that and were disappointed we didn't do what we had planned ahead of time - as if we had to follow that by the book.

Winging it, you do what you want based on your mood, one day at a time.

Has worked perfectly for our last few vacations.

15. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Are you sure you don't take your computer along to check CF?

16. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini

Ha ha, you know things go round and round on here.

17. Cyclonepride

Staff Member

I should! I've had a 100% activity rate since shortly after getting back from South Dakota this summer. Don't want to lose any available credits!

18. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    If you like snorkeling but are tired of just swimming around in circles, try rock lobster hunting. You snorkel with gloves, a net, and a metal stick and try and snag rock lobsters hiding under rocks. I did this when down there last year and had a great time.....and had an even better time eating the lobsters. (you need a cheap liscense)

Other than that, I would suggest just renting scooters or bikes and riding around....it's a pretty cool town. Not sure what you're into, but make sure you know what clubs you might go into at night.....there's quite the mix of club types down there.

19. Cyclonepride

Staff Member

That brings up another point.....we're going in February, avg highs 76 low 66. Water colder than hell? We went to Daytona Beach last February, and the water was Titanic life boat cold.

20. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    The tickle stick! I love lobstering... No claws, but the tails taste just like Maine lobster... My roomate my first two years of college was from Islamarada, just south of Key Largo. Everytime his parents came up for a game they would bring a cooler full of fish and lobster, it was great! Not to mention the long weekends we would spend down there...