Key vs IOWA

Discussion in 'Football' started by swammi, Sep 6, 2012.

1. swammi

swammi Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    Retired
    Apollo Beach, Florida
    If we do not turn the ball over, we win by 2 TD's +

I think our tackles will be able to generate a puch up the middle. That blows up the whole thing. Remember Drew Tate and the Hawks favored by about 20 in 2003(I think that is correct). Leaders and Curvey got a push up the middle and Tate was uncomfortable all day until he tried to make a tackle and had to leave the game with an injury. I think this game at Kinnick is the same thing. Vandenberg, while a fine QB, is not particularly mobile. If the pocket breaks down vs our 4 man rush, which I think it will, he will lose much of his effectiveness.

2. BuffettClone

BuffettClone Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    I agree with the turnover assessment, but I don't share your confidence in getting that push up the middle with a 4 man rush

3. Cyclonz

Cyclonz Member

Nov 23, 2009
    CPA
    Denver, CO
    Kinnick is a tough place - we need to limit turnovers to one or less and limit penalties - same recipe as v. Tulsa. For crying out loud we only beat Tulsa by 2 TDs at home - Iowa will play much better this week - remember this is their SUPER BOWL. We need solid play to come out with the win.

4. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Breukelen, Urecht, NL
    2003 was in ames and we lost handily, 2004 in ic was close ish and 2002 was the seneca game

5. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Breukelen, Urecht, NL
    we could have easily made that 3

6. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 20, 2006
    We win with TDs over FGs. If they stop us in the redone... that's how we lose.

7. IAMAIRBHG

IAMAIRBHG Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Female
    runza
    Virgo Supercluster
    I honestly think if we score more points than them we will win.

8. atlantacyclone

atlantacyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Real Estate
    Fontvieille Monaco
    I think that ISU is a better team than before ... but I don't think that any of that matters in this game.

9. Tedcyclone

Tedcyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    vegas hedge fund
    West Des Moines
    i agree that if we dont turn it over we win by double digits... but dont be crazy... we have no one near Leaders, and Curvey's skill set or ability. If we did Big 12 beware. Nor do we have the defensive ends we had on that team.. not even close