Kevin Jackson Post-Meet Video

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by ChrisMWilliams, Dec 6, 2009.

1. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    He put it out there pretty plainly. We have a lot of positives from this match, but room for improvement. I like Jackson's attitude.

2. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    I do too - he has no trouble calling out certain wrestlers like Mueller, Sorenson, etc. that things need to be different. Refreshing to hear a coach hold his athletes accountable for their performance.

3. Cardinal&Gold11

Cardinal&Gold11 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    If Mueller doesn't take that fall, which was pretty damn terrible, then we win this match, 16-15. Also, there was the other match in overtime. I don't remember who wrestled, but he lost the match on the last second. Those two right there lost it for us.

4. cyfreddy

cyfreddy Member

Oct 15, 2006
    I agree !

5. Cytaki

Cytaki Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Nomad
    To be their were two matches we had to win and those were the 125 match with Andrew Long and the 157 match with Sorenson. Both matches were ones where neither team had the upper hand and we lost both of them. The key to all the Iowa matches in recent years though has been us getting dominated in the lower weights. That is the area we need improvement but the upside is we actually wrestled really well and really hard tonight. Except for a couple of mistakes, we were right there. Also, great great match for Jerome Ward. That is the agressiveness I love seeing from a Cyclone. That right there is a proof enough for me that K Jack is doing his job.

6. theshadow

theshadow Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    No. Mueller was down 11-3 (12-3 with riding time) when the fall happened. That's a major, and a 16-16 tie.

7. wesley_w

wesley_w Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Ames, Iowa
    What did everyone think about the raised mat?? I thought it was cool to shoot photos like that because the low angle was great. But the people in the lower rows behind me were very ****** off and I heard about it all night.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cardinal&Gold11

Cardinal&Gold11 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    regardless, if the meet is tied 16-16, we don't lose do we?

9. FarmClone

FarmClone Active Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Correct. He probably would have ended up with a tech fall making it 17-16. Can't really put this one on Mueller though Metcalf has been one of the most dominant wrestlers in recent history. I don't know what happened in the first period but it surprised the heck out of me.

10. rworkman83

rworkman83 Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Staff Member Bookie

Aug 9, 2006
    Male
    Sports Information Dir.
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Sweet picture. We use the raised mats at the NCAA Division III Championships, but no one sits in the lower level of the arena, so we don't get in anyones way. As you said though, I've gotten some really great photos from being below the wrestlers.

11. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    Really like Jackons persona. He's not afraid to speak his mind.