Kent Sate $5 hillside ticket RUMOR

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by avery_larry, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avery_larry

avery_larry Member

May 9, 2006
    Ames
    I heard the rumor that hillside tickets for Kent State will be $5 for walkups. Anyone know anything or is that just terrible rumor mongering?

(And if it is just terrible rumor mongering, then please have a moderator delete this thread.)

2. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I would imagine it's rumor mongering, simply because moves like that tend to really **** people off who paid 40 bucks for them the day before and it encourages people to just wait until the last day to buy tickets. I think Jamie is smarter than that.

3. cytheguy

cytheguy Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    Five bucks? No way. It costs more to go to a high school game.

4. avery_larry

avery_larry Member

May 9, 2006
    Ames
    Didn't he sell Colorado tickets for $10 a day or so before the game? "Pack the Jack" or something. Nobody minded because everyone know that a big crowd could help get us a win (and it did if I remember right). I could see him wanting a huge crowd for the 1st game of the Chizik era. I can also see him wanting to get more families interested (which is one of the biggest reasons for a Thursday night game anyway) so next year they'll turn into season ticket buyers.

But I agree that it's not particularly likely.

5. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Well if they are going to do it, it needs to be done now. That way it will get on the nightly news tonight and give people time to plan. So if we don't hear anything in the next 1hr 24 min, my guess is it is just a rumor.

6. avery_larry

avery_larry Member

May 9, 2006
    Ames
    The rumor was only for hillside which I believe is $20. But your point is still valid.

7. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    You would think they already would have announced it if that were the case, considering the game is tomorrow...

8. avery_larry

avery_larry Member

May 9, 2006
    Ames
    I 'spose so. Where's a moderator :notworthy: to delete a thread when you need one . . .

:wideeyed:

9. chadm

chadm Giving it a go

Apr 11, 2006
    Midwest
    I have no idea, have you seen one lately.:wink: