Ken Miller KXNO ripping us

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Put a gun to their head and make them choose, I believe Miller, Murph and Andy would all pick ISU over Iowa. While I agree that there are lots of admitted hoks on the radio (and O admitted Clones) I think you guys are way way too sensitive about this stuff. They can't be critical of ISU without being a hok homer? That's their job. All three of those guys regularly hammer the hoks on stupid $hit they do.

Thats just the bunker mentality of this entire site. If your not a raging lover of all things cyclone, then your a hawk fan. Not much in-between allowed.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I don't listen to any of them, so I don't know. However, Hoks seemed to get a total pass on Rhabdogate. That was when I still read the Rag's sports page. And then they had the hissy fit on ISU's NCAA phone thing, which seemed much less serious than a bunch of college athletes in the hospital. Did these KXNO hacks say anything about Rhabdogate?

Yes, they beat the subject to death.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Keep in mind most media (local and national) thought the Hoiberg hire was a bad one.

Now they fall all over themselves for him.

CEO

Nov 27, 2009
Des Moines
I don't listen to any of them, so I don't know. However, Hoks seemed to get a total pass on Rhabdogate. That was when I still read the Rag's sports page. And then they had the hissy fit on ISU's NCAA phone thing, which seemed much less serious than a bunch of college athletes in the hospital. Did these KXNO hacks say anything about Rhabdogate?

I thought the hoks got killed (locally and nationally) for Rhabdogate. In that instance KF gave a similar middle finger to the media and everyone else when he named their strength and conditioning coach (can't think of his name) the assistant of the year at their awards banquet. A little more subtle than what Rhoads did but I guess that's what comes with 10+ years of head coaching experience.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA

IIRC, the Central IA media had A LOT to say about Rhabdogate, and continually questioned the ethics displayed by the UI AD at that time.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I thought the hoks got killed (locally and nationally) for Rhabdogate. In that instance KF gave a similar middle finger to the media and everyone else when he named their strength and conditioning coach (can't think of his name) the assistant of the year at their awards banquet. A little more subtle than what Rhoads did but I guess that's what comes with 10+ years of head coaching experience.

And we still don't know what really caused it. Media accepted the "it was just the workout" answer.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Keep in mind most media (local and national) thought the Hoiberg hire was a bad one.

Now they fall all over themselves for him.

They sure were quick to rid the net of the Matt and Miller ripping on ISU for the hire

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Because his last name is Miller and he's going to be on this show today.....I stumbled upon Jon Miller's twitter....just BASHING CPR for the presser..again, I don't want this to be a bash on Jon Miller...but rather a PRAISE for Chris Williams....Chris reports Cyclone stories/slants...but I can't remember him openly taunting/picking at the Hoks. Anyway, just a random observation.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Miller and Brinson brought up this topic an hour into their show Wednesday, so it was not near as the taking point that it was yesterday.

If you don't think they all read message boards, find the most takes about subjects, and then try and create buzz for people to listen and call into their show, then your stupid.

The fact that there is a thread on CF about this means that they have won.

They started the butthurt before CF did. They went raw real fast.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Because his last name is Miller and he's going to be on this show today.....I stumbled upon Jon Miller's twitter....just BASHING CPR for the presser..again, I don't want this to be a bash on Jon Miller...but rather a PRAISE for Chris Williams....Chris reports Cyclone stories/slants...but I can't remember him openly taunting/picking at the Hoks. Anyway, just a random observation.

The leader of Hawkeye Nation is tweeting about an ISU coach instead of the Hawkeyes' recruiting class? And they say ISU fans are obsessed with Iowa. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

CW is strangely classy for a coupon hoarder.

QuickQuestion

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
He is essentially ripping Allen Lazard at this point.

Absolutely shameful conduct by Miller in ripping a high school kid. I hope this helps him deal with his inadequacies. He really shouldn't be on the air.

I hope none of you stumble across the threads about Jok this last year...

QuickQuestion

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Also can't remember Kirk Ferentz lambasting schools with scripted outrage complete with fake laughter and taunting the media.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Also can't remember Kirk Ferentz lambasting schools with scripted outrage complete with fake laughter and taunting the media.

Nah he just lies about workouts causing near death to his athletes and then rips the media for trying to investigate it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron