Kelvin Taylor

Discussion in 'Football' started by CarolinaCy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. CarolinaCy

CarolinaCy Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Wasn't sure where to put this thread, so if any mods want to move it, feel free (like you need my permission).

Saw a story about former RB Fred Taylor's son Kelvin, who's now the starting running back on his Florida high school varsity team. I know, no big deal - except that he's only in 8th grade. Maybe coach Chizik can get on him early, ala Tim Floyd.

Rivals High - Kelvin Taylor reminding many of his dad

2. l2alphmacchio

l2alphmacchio Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    West Des Moines
    Cool read, nice find.

3. livinthedream

livinthedream Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Small Business Owner, Ind
    Elk River Mn
    Now, Taylor – a 5-foot-11, 205-pound eighth-grader .....I wonder whats in the water down there, I weighed about 80 lbs soaking wet in 8th grade...

4. joefrog

joefrog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Marketing
    Clive, Iowa
    If I remember correctly, Fred Taylor was the strongest guy on the Jags. I think he benched close to 500 pounds, something like that. All while still running a 4.5 40 still at least. Physical freak. I know there are performance enhancers, but nothing works like good old genetics. As for his son, WOW. That size at that age. Amazing. He may be the next person who could skip college and go straight to the NFL if he wanted to. Think Adrian Peterson.

5. wheels686

wheels686 Active Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Im sure florida, miami, florida state and usc are all over him already

6. CDN_Tailgater

CDN_Tailgater Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Considering his Dad went to Florida...and they live in Florida, I will say the Gators have the inside track.