Kansas State

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by cymonson, Jan 17, 2010.

1. cymonson

cymonson Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ames
    IMO, Kansas State may be a little overrated at 12. I think we could beat them at home or even on the road. It would be great to get one against them since they are ranked so high and probably top 4 in the big 12. They have a great backcourt with Pullen and Clemente but other than that it seems like they are very very beatable. COULD be big for our tourney chances.

2. CycloneFan4Life

CycloneFan4Life New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I doubt we beat them on the road. Anything is possible at home with Hilton Magic though.

3. Melvin

Melvin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Crete, NE
    That's our Quality Win.

The last game of the Season is a Roadtrip to KSU, who knows, if we keep improving, that could be another win.

4. CylentButDeadly

CylentButDeadly Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Definitely think they're a soft #12. I watched their game against Colorado the other day and they got into foul trouble pretty early (as did CU) and that kind of set the tone for the rest of the game. Clemente & Pullen will take some bad shots, but also are capable of going off at any time. They have a lot of athleticism on the inside and will be one of the few teams in the conference that can match up with us on the frontline.

McD hasn't had any success whatsoever against KSU/Martin, and if that's going to change this year, we'll have to figure out a way to stop their guards (likely a problem) and control the boards (rebounding has been better lately)

5. CycloneJames

CycloneJames Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Ankeny
    K-State will be extremely tough. They play very sloppy, but Pullen and Clemente are very solid guards. The biggest thing I took away from the K-State vs Colorado game was how tough Colorado looked. I figured Baylor just laid an egg there but maybe this Colorado team is showing signs of life. If you take a look at there Big 12 slate, they got smoked at Texas (which most teams will) beat #24 Baylor, and lost by 8 or so vs #12 K-State. Keep in mind this team showed a lot of toughness early in the year out in the Maui Invitational. Was it just me or did it seem like there were actually some people at the Coors Events Center?

6. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    They are very physical at every position on the floor and that tends to work against our team.

I predict we get beat by double digits at KSU, but have a fighting chance at Hilton depending on how close the refs call it. If they let them play, we are in trouble.

7. CylentButDeadly

CylentButDeadly Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Yeah, the tv crew even said they were surprised that it was close to a sell out. Not only that, but the CU fans actually seemed engaged and into the game. Must have been some type of promotional offer (just kidding).

CU isn't going to roll over for anyone and they have some decent pieces. Higgins can flat out score and they have a good group of guys that play their roles well.

8. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Tonight should be a good indication of how good K State is tonight. Can they give Texas a game?

Right now Baylor scares me more than K State, adding a really quality big guy to their stable of guards is a bad matchup for us I think.

9. flander1649

flander1649 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Kansas City
    There was a promotion Chancey Billiups gave away about 4000 tickets to under privilaged kids to go to that game.

10. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    Did the tickets include the CU/ISU Women's game that followed?

11. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Good for Chauncy. Seems like a quality guy.

12. trajanJ

trajanJ Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    I think Texas is in trouble. I hate saying it but I think K-State is going to take it to Texas tonight.

13. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    My guess on K-State is this. They can beat us by 30 points or we can beat them by 5 or so. My guess is we beat them by 5 or so at home.

14. clones26

clones26 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Urbandale
    Well K-State moved up to #9 this week so you must really think they are overrated now, plus they are -1.5 tonight so Vegas likes them as well...I took Texas to cover so I am with you though.

15. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    I like KSU but I'm rolling with UT tonight. I bet that craphole arena (Bramledge?) in Manhatten is rocking tonight though.

16. KvilleClone

KvilleClone New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hey I didn't want to start a new post. Have been out of country for a week.No newspaper.Why was Colvin suspended.Thanks

17. gocubs2118

gocubs2118 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Student
    Illinois
    KState has something I would love on this team, guards who can score at will. Both Clemente and Pullen can score 25 every night, we haven't had that since Mike Taylor. I'm hoping thats what Phillips can give us next year.

18. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    The Thigpen/Bayless backcourt was a freaking blast.

19. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    I'm happy to have KState overrated. That way if we beat them it looks like a better win than it is, and if we lose it doesn't look like a bad loss.

20. nickcyv

nickcyv Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Have many of you guys actually watched KSU? They are a match up nightmare for ISU. First off, they are tough at all positions. They will get physical with Brackins and we know that can throw him off his game. Their guards will RIP us up. Lucca will simply get abused all game. They play Texas tonight and wouldn't surprised if they beat them, heck they are favored!

I hope we snag a win v. KSU but I'm not near as confident as some.