K-State Miami connection...NCAA

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by 4429 mcc, Aug 18, 2011.

1. 4429 mcc

4429 mcc Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wall Street
    This is why the NCAA is so dumb.

2. bostrem00

bostrem00 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    ISU Post-grad Warrior
    Johnston
    So no improper benefits? The NCAA is so dumb....for real

3. mt85

mt85 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Spiritual advisor? Give me a break. Is that the new code name for an agent?

On second thought maybe he was helping them find a suitable church in the Miami area.

4. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    That's nothing new, it's pretty common practice in the South. They make for great middle-men, as they can claim confidentiality of confession when it comes to any agreements. Remember when Chizik wanted to have one at ISU, and everyone was scratching their heads as to why he thought it was so important?

5. 4429 mcc

4429 mcc Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wall Street
    Authur Browns top college choices according to rivals before going to Miami

Alabama
    K-State
    LSU
    North Carolina
    USC

Bryce Browns before going to Tennesee

Clemson
    K-State
    LSU
    Miami

For the NCAA not to give at least a 1 game suspension is a joke. I always think back Juri Hubalek getting suspened for using a beater car with UNI plates. But these guys werent getting shopped, yeah right.

6. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Jiri got 6 games because the guy who owned the car (with UNI plates) once donated to ISU a long time ago......yet these guys get nothing? give me a break.

7. driegner

driegner Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Student
    Columbus, OH
    I always think of Lucca who didn't himself get paid but was on a team w/ someone who did and that amounted to a suspension. What a crock...

8. jsmith86

jsmith86 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Cedar Rapids
    The NCAA... proudly institutionalizing and legalizing fraud since they ***** slapped SMU.

9. iowa_wildcat

iowa_wildcat Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Ames
    If someone can figure out the NCAA please explain them to me. Yes, I expected Arthur Brown to be suspended for three games and Bryce Brown to be suspended for one game. What the NCAA ruled was that neither Brown brother received anything illegal from Kansas State or anyone connected with Kansas State. As a result the Brown brothers are free to play for Kansas State.

10. SvrWxCy

SvrWxCy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Meteorologist
    Kansas
    So if I read this correctly the NCAA determined that it was not a rules violation beings the Brown family 'Did not know' that Shapiro was a Miami booster and besides he only bought them food and payed for their hotel room.

I swear right when you think the NCAA is going to try to turn things around they go and do something stupid...

11. iowa_wildcat

iowa_wildcat Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Ames
    #11 iowa_wildcat, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Brian Butler is considered by many as a cancer and a certified slime ball. Butler is not stupid. Surely, he did not think Shapiro was just being a nice guy. After all, Bryce was the #1 rated high school recruit in the entire USA that year. Very few high school or college coaches in Kansas or northern Oklahoma want anything to do with Butler.

It looks like the NCAA is limiting their investigation of players to only those that remain at Miami. Apparently, anyone that transferred out is being given a pass. It may not be right, nor make sense, but that is my observation. And as someone else said, "When has the NCAA ever made sense?"