K O needs to rise to the challenge

Discussion in 'Football' started by swammi, Jul 23, 2011.

1. swammi

swammi Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    Retired
    Apollo Beach, Florida
    When I saw KO as a sophomore, I was impressed. He was awesome. I was the among the first to notice him and sing his praises. But, in spite of the pre-season accolades this year, in his junior year he took a step backwards, IMO. He got slapped around by Iowa and started picking up a lot of penalty yards for procedure, etc. I think he is without question the most talented lineman in the conference and the state. But he needs to realize that he's a senior, now, and needs to play up to his potential. He needs to focus and bring his considerable talent to bear on the extra attention he is surely going to get this year fron opposing defenses. He is something special, but if he plays this year like last year, it's going to cost him real money in the draft. I'm betting that the coaching staff will make this point to him and "coach him up" and we will be treated to a great performance at left tackle by the big guy this year.

2. IcSyU

IcSyU Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    He's great don't get me wrong (minus the bonehead penalties he gets every game) but most talented in the conference? Can't agree at all there. Oklahoma State has some excellent linemen.

3. snowcraig2.0

snowcraig2.0 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Engineer
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I don't think it is a stretch to call a 6'6 350 lb man with his athleticism the most talented in the conference. Could you argue for others? Sure. But it is not a stretch at all to say he is the most talented.

4. CyDude16

CyDude16 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    SuperFan
    Heads in the sky
    He could be one of the best, but he needs get over costing us stupid penalties, especially while the offense was marching down the field.

5. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    His penalties did as much damage to our offense as errant passes and dropped balls.

But his talent is pretty obvious. He worked Clayborn when Clayborn was at the peak of his game.