Just wondering--bowl thoughts

Discussion in 'Football' started by tubimjf, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tubimjf

tubimjf Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I am seeing some negative bowl thoughts----I would assume some of these individuals have never even been to a game this year. They just sit behind the computer and ramble on. The big key is one more month of practices.We are building the future. Stay positive.

2. kcclones

kcclones Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Male
    Sales
    Kansas City
    they complained about flights to AZ last year as well

3. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    It is obviously positive that ISU is going to a bowl, but so stupid the way everything else shook out. VTech gets picked over KSU.

Oklahoma state doens't make it to NC even though they have 7 wins over teams with a winning season, Alabama had 3.

4. cyclonez7

cyclonez7 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames/Coralville
    Practice? We talkin' bout practice?

5. jburke

jburke Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    IT Application Analyst
    Ankeny, IA
    I am one complaining, have been to every game this year and have missed literally a handful of games in going on 10 years of being a season ticket holder....
    I am was pumped to go somewhere warm this year and got my hopes up at me point when the Holiday Bowl talk started.... The extra practices and achievement of making a bowl will work wonders on our program, but a bowl game in NYC, is complete crap, guaranteed we don't travel well and will be totally outnumber by Rutgers fans..... I will probably do everything to support this team in this bowl, but it will not be by traveling this year, just my thoughts...

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

It's very positive for the team. I'm disappointed in a selfish way, because I think a trip to a warm destination would have been something that I could have sold to my wife. No way am I going to get her to take a couple days off and spend a bunch of money to go to a cold weather destination, and no way is she going to sit and watch a football game in that weather.

I could have sold Texas, Arizona, San Diego, but not New York. Pretty sure she has no desire to see New York in warm weather.

I'm very excited for the team, and disappointed for myself.

7. ScottyP

ScottyP Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Agronomist
    Johnston, IA via Ogden
    #7 ScottyP, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    I have a feeling we will lose a lot of money going to this game. It will cost a lot for the band to travel to NYC and we might not fill our ticket allotment. At $115 or so bucks, a ticket, the ISU AD will be paying for a lot of unpurchased tickets.

This feels like a home game for Rutgers as well. This feels a little bit like Boise in that respect.

Also, because it is at 2:30 on a Friday, some people will have to take off an afternoon of work just to catch it on TV.

But hey, it is a bowl game.

8. Senolcyc

Senolcyc Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010

And they were really ****** when they got there and Iowa was playing.

9. jsmith86

jsmith86 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Cedar Rapids
    I've been to the past 2 bowl games and have driven 500 miles back to Ames a couple of times each of the past 2 years to see the cyclones, but there is no way I am going to the game in NYC.

10. Bigman38

Bigman38 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Male
    Council Bluffs, IA
    personally I couldn't go to any bowl game this year, even if it was in Ames(My wife is 8+ months pregnant right now). So for me this is a cool bowl for ISU, how many times do you get to see ISU play in the most famous baseball stadium in the world. I do feel sorry for anyone who actually could go, bad weather and expensive. Not exactly a compelling match up but should be pretty winable.