Jordan Van Wyk to Iowa State

Discussion in 'Football' started by Trainer, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    While home over break(Oskaloosa) my parents had a local paper laying out that said a former high school graduate would be going to Iowa State to play football. He spent 2 years at Iowa Central. This is all I can find on him.
    NJCAA | Colleges | Iowa Central Community College | Football | Jordan VanWyk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acoAKrocbIk]Jordan Van Wyk .avi - YouTube[/ame]

He was a preferred walkon right out of High school. Unsure why he didn't go to ISU immediately. He played in the shrine bowl I am pretty sure, as well as a national Junior college game in Vegas maybe. Anyways I thought you guys would like to know. The paper did not say he was on scholarship or anything. Very likely a walk on.

2. JUKEBOX

JUKEBOX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    He plays CB.

3. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    #3 VeloClone, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    I like what I saw. He plays fast and hits hard. (Don't confuse that with "big" hits - I only saw one play on the entire video where his hard hit wasn't sound, wrapping up the tackle.) They play with a huge cushion so it looks like they would be eaten alive with little dinks to the WR's.

It looks like he could at least contribute on ST's before he would be done at ISU.

I haven't seen that much 4-4 D since high school.

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    I have heard he is fast and has a good vert.

Just thought you guys might like to know.

5. Bigguns

Bigguns Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    He looked like they were playing a cover 2 on his side a lot and he was not pedaling but squatting in the flat and waiting to jump the bubbles and swing passes. I didn't watch the whole clip but he looked very aggressive and quick to the ball!