John Beilein quote on Iowa State

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChrisMWilliams, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    #1 ChrisMWilliams, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    “Iowa State has a tremendous atmosphere here. Fred has done an incredible job. They really have a good team. I really like what he has been able to do. He’s found these nuggets all over the place, whether if it is a fifth year guy or a junior college guy. It has been incredible that he has been able to find guys to places pieces in this puzzle. You get a kid like Long who didn’t even play last year. Now, he is ready to play. You should be very happy here that you have it rolling and it is a great team and it was a really great thing for us to be a part of today.”

“This was a heck of an environment. They have a really good team. They attacked us in some soft spots that we have. Sometimes they are physical. Sometimes they are matchup related. They are a very good team. There is a reason why they are 17-1. I know you had a good team last year. This team, there is not much of a drop-off. Mostly, when you can get a fifth-year senior guard coming in there that has scored about 1,500 points already, that’s a treasure right there.”

2. Farnsworth

Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    No wonder he is so dreamy, good looks and brains!

poor Rhoads, I think we may all be checked out.

3. ICclone23

ICclone23 Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Iowa City
    Really hard not to like Beilein and his squad.

4. cmjh10

cmjh10 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Iowa Falls
    I love Hoiberg

5. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

John is a class act

6. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    I definitely like Beilein. Class guy. Not sure about McGary though. I think he did step on Long on purpose. He looked down and stepped right on his chest. Looked like he could have certainly avoided it.

7. CyFan61

CyFan61 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Students were not McGary fans

8. AllInForISU

AllInForISU Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Except McGary. F*** McGary.

9. Stewo

Stewo Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Male
    Commodity buyer
    Iowa
    McGary's game plan: push and step on the other teams players, get open under the hoop.

10. Farnsworth

Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    I don't think so, i didnt see him look down, but I'm guessing he was trying to avoid contact at all cost.

Seriously, imagine trying to get away with something like that; that fast paced, knowing cameras are on you, and trying to act natural when you didn't even have the idea in your head .3 seconds ago.

11. CyCloned

CyCloned Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Accountant
    Robins, Iowa
    Fred just put together a team from transfers, freshman and two returning starters that beat the number 7 team in the land, while CPR didn't have his team ready to play UNI. I wonder if Fred could coach toughness for the FB team, because the MBB team has it the FB team, not so much.

12. burn587

burn587 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Denver, CO
    He reminds me of Rob Gronkowski. If you are a Pats fan or if you have him on your fantasy team you love him, otherwise you think he's a punk piece of **** that has an IQ of 26. Good player, cocky bastard.

13. fccy

fccy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Forest City
    I knew he had coached at Canisius College. Didn't realize just how time he spent in WNY (he went to HS 15 miles from my HS, if that).

14. CyCloned

CyCloned Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Accountant
    Robins, Iowa
    He was out of control and should have gotten a charging foul. but it didn't look like he step on Long on purpose at all. Just a big guy out of control trying not to fall.

15. ribsnwhiskey

ribsnwhiskey Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Ames
    So glad you can take this chance to bash Rhoads instead of enjoying the win and realizing football and basketball are different sports.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MNclone

MNclone Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Production Engineer
    Burnsville, MN
    No way, i generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but they showed one view of it that showed his right foot clear of Naz bit the left still came down on him. Looked like it easily could have been avoided.

17. Win5002

Win5002 Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hoiberg is awesome as a coach and I hope he is here 20 years and we have some final fours maybe even a championship, but its a LOT harder for Rhoads to win at ISU in football than it is for someone to win in basketball. You need about 8 players for basketball and you need well over 22 for football due to the injuries and also its easier to get a better quality of recruit in basketball here than football. Quit banging on Rhoads.

18. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    I love Beilein teams. Love the team, hate the thuggy dude, since he's not thuggy in the cool way.

19. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Why does football have to enter any basketball threads? Let the failed season fail on its own time.

20. CyMyGuy

CyMyGuy Member

Sep 7, 2012
    St. Paul, MN
    Definitely agree. No ill-will towards them. Hope they have a good year.