NFL: Joe McKnight Murdered

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The stuff people try to play off as self-defense today is sickening, and is only exacerbated by concealed carry.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
What does people legally carrying guns have to do with someone misusing a claim of self defense?

Exacerbate (the word used) means to make a problem worse.

The use of a legally-owned gun makes the misuse of self-defense laws worse.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
When someone follows another man for 6 miles in road rage, then at a red light pulls up next to the other car (illegally), gets out of his vehicle and reaches into the other's open window...he's taking chances, that's all.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Interesting. This happened in New Orleans this past April. Ex-NFL player shot dead in a traffic dispute. The shooter was arrested immediately and charged with 2nd Degree Murder. Trying to figure out the difference between the two cases. Perhaps someone can explain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/11/sports/football/will-smith-new-orleans-saints-killed.html

It's a completely different jurisdiction, for one. This one wasn't in NO. The other killer had priors, although he also legally owned the gun.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting. This happened in New Orleans this past April. Ex-NFL player shot dead in a traffic dispute. The shooter was arrested immediately and charged with 2nd Degree Murder. Trying to figure out the difference between the two cases. Perhaps someone can explain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/11/sports/football/will-smith-new-orleans-saints-killed.html

Not sure.. but let's all jump to conclusions before the facts are even out. I've heard enough to make my mind up. I probably won't even read the follow up story after the investigation is done...

• Agree
Reactions: ISUCY23

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
When someone follows another man for 6 miles in road rage, then at a red light pulls up next to the other car (illegally), gets out of his vehicle and reaches into the other's open window...he's taking chances, that's all.

Where you'd get that information? Just curious.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure.. but let's all jump to conclusions before the facts are even out. I've heard enough to make my mind up. I probably won't even read the follow up story after the investigation is done...

Just wondering why you would release the shooter who just killed a guy.......a guy who was unarmed. Hold him in jail. He could be a murderer. And you release him?

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
You guys ever watch The First 48 on A&E? Stay outta NOLA.

Not related to this at all, but before we left for Memphis for our last bowl game I had the channel on A&E. when I got back, first 48 was on and Memphis was one of the featured cities on 4 straight episodes. After going into south Memphis, I can see why.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Not sure why they released a guy who just shot an unarmed man. Explain that to me.

Thing is, I can't fully explain it because I'm not a part of the ongoing investigation. From what I have read, the shooter has been fully cooperative, has surrendered his firearm, and is not considered a risk to leave the city. Also this quote:

"
In explaining why Gasser was allowed to leave, Normand said authorities need to talk to more witnesses.
"If you make a rush to judgment and you make a strategic or tactical error from the beginning (it's) very hard to recover later," he said.
Normand said an arrest triggers court hearings at which evidence must be revealed. "We did not want to get to that threshold at that point in time," he said."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/us/nfl-player-joe-mcknight-shooting/

Exacerbate (the word used) means to make a problem worse.

The use of a legally-owned gun makes the misuse of self-defense laws worse.

Fair enough. The way he worded it made it sound like he was advocating for not allowing concealed carry. Maybe I misinterpreted his post.