JJ Bass

Discussion in 'Football' started by kingcy, Sep 13, 2008.

1. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    Where was he today? I am starting to think he may not play much this year.

2. jtaconutz

jtaconutz Member

Feb 1, 2007
    King of France
    With your mom
    I think it takes a while to get out of Chizik's doghouse.

3. mustangcy

mustangcy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bloomfield
    I'm all for Chizik letting players know who is in charge but if he really is one of our best backs...which I'm not so sure of....he needs to see the field. The 'message' has been sent.

4. acrozier22

acrozier22 Well-Known Member

I don't think he is near as good as ARob....

5. CP44

CP44 Active Member

Nov 27, 2006
    I think Wallace Franklin and Allen Bell have experienced similar circumstances(albeit Bell is playing now).

6. demoncore1031

demoncore1031 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2008
    Musician
    Albuquerque,NM
    a-rob is our best rb by far

7. CLONE2THEBONE

CLONE2THEBONE Active Member

Aug 4, 2006
    When people posted his facebook or whatever it's called stuff, I immediately became wary of him. Maybe all the players do it, but he seemed far, far too cocky for my liking with a lot of ME involved.

A-Rob is a good back and has the potential to be great. I'll take him over Bass any day of the week.

A-Rob is going to be special.

8. dustinal

dustinal Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2006
    You don't know why JJ didn't see the field, so there's no point in second guessing.

9. Rogue52

Rogue52 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    A-Rob is a power runner but didn't appear to be hitting the holes very fast today. I think he's better than he showed today.

BUT there is a certain someone sitting out this year that will have something to say about the running back situation next year.

10. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    #10 Wesley, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
    A Rob can change directions on muddy field - our only back. Hawks tacklers stay in lanes and get good position. You need a direction changing back on muddy field. Few slips though today. Grant Mahoney looked good today - the off center snaps threw the fieldgoal timing off. Brandtner looks like money.

Biggest weakness is protecting the sidelines against runbacks on kick offs and opunts. What is up with that? Last week it was KSU always running back on left sidelines and getting to the corner. Now you had Broell run up the sideline. Should be easier to push people out of bounds that we are making it.

11. GoCylones242

GoCylones242 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    The ISU running backs are so deep. Why does it matter who plays? Just feed them the ROCK! HA

12. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    I thought he hit the inside holes hard and ran very hard today. A few time he had one guy to beat but didnt. If he would have had a shorter shirt on he would have had 6 on one play. When he ran outside is when he had problems. Iowa did a good job on getting their guys to stay home and stop the QB and RB runs outside as well as any delays ISU ran.

13. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    That deepness is sure getting shallow.

14. San Francisco Cy

San Francisco Cy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    San Francisco
    ARob is clearly the best running back. It's really not even close, IMO. He got a lot of yards where there was nothing. And there was nothing most of the day. Our OLine really doesn't seem to have developed from last year. They may have even gone backwards. Disappointing to see...

15. CLONE2THEBONE

CLONE2THEBONE Active Member

Aug 4, 2006
    I thought he got a lot of extra yards when there wasn't much there.

I found his play very encouraging. This is supposedly a stout front 4 for the Hawks and he exploited them to a degree.

16. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Did we have any problems today with ARob blocking? Not that I saw. I saw some of our ends letting their bodies be jumped when they tried to go a little low.

Best part of our defense was our cornerbacks and safeties.

17. Covenant Clone

Covenant Clone Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Owner/Construction Co.
    Clive
    I caught a couple of time that he missed a block but he is getting better.

I was encouraged by our DB's too...and the exciting part is that we are so young at that position. I think the future is bright for our secondary.

18. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    I do have to admit that JJ has been a huge disappointment since coming to ISU.

Injuries weren't his fault last year. Suspensions and barely playing is not what I expected from him. I really hope he can get his act together.

AROB is NOT enough to carry us through the entire Big 12 season. He is just going to wear down.

19. jay moe

jay moe Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Educator
    southern iowa
    Agreed, A-Rob ran well yesterday, he is clearly our best back.

20. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale

I agree. We need more than one capable running back. A lot of us thought that the running back position was going to be a strength, but it has turned out to be anything but.

I still cannot believe that A-Rob was the only one to receive a handoff yesterday. Unreal that we wouldn't give them another look at anyone else in that game.