Jeremy Hollowell visit

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Interesting! The visit list isn't particularly impressive, but he must have some talent to be a 4 star, and a year sitting in Fred's system could be just the thing he needs.

I am a fan of 6'8" big guys providing any type of minutes.... Productive minutes I should say.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Will he wear #10?

285609-mar-1997-guard-jacy-holloway-of-the-iowa-state-gettyimages.jpg

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Hmm...interesting. Top 50 guy who couldnt find minutes on a terrible Indiana team last year? (Dont go overboard...i trust fred, not waving red flags.....just curious why)

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This one isn't nearly as interesting really.

It could be. He probably has the talent to be as good as Anderson, but may not have had the leadership or utilization.

Focustown can fix all that.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I like it. Evens out the distribution of guys a little bit. If the guy can be a 10 and 6 player by the time he leaves, that's fine with me.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
JH a Sophomore, head red shirt and have two to play... Just pulled up some video of him. He can dunk and shoot the 3 (even coming off screens), and actually has some ballhandeling skills. Bigs take a little longer to develop traditionally, could be the case here. Hollowell has a skill set that could flourish, in Fred's system.

[video=youtube;3lZqAIbFyvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lZqAIbFyvQ[/video]

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If Fred believes that there is the potential to contribute down the road it would be nice to continue to have quality players (sitting out) on the scout team. I think the importance of this throughout Fred's tenure has been undervalued. Quality players who can entirely concentrate on assuming the role of a future opponent without having to worry about also learning the game plan can be an asset.

Last edited:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Hmm...interesting. Top 50 guy who couldnt find minutes on a terrible Indiana team last year? (Dont go overboard...i trust fred, not waving red flags.....just curious why)

He averaged 18.3 minutes per game last season so it isn't like the guy never saw the floor. Let's not forget that he was competing to get the ball with this guy... who is heading to the NBA Draft after his freshman season...

IUMSU00262.jpg

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

Sometimes style of play is not conducive to ones skill set.

That Indiana team last year was screwed up in lots of ways.

Then again he could be another Anthony Booker who seemed to have the same resume coming out of high school as this guy. He may not be a star, but he could provide productive minutes.

What would be interesting is if you took the rankings of these kids in high school prior to transferring to ISU.

My guess is that we would be pulling top 5 classes year in and year out based on those ranking.
Dejean-Jones, this kid were top 50 kids.. Pretty impressive.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
He averaged 18.3 minutes per game last season so it isn't like the guy never saw the floor. Let's not forget that he was competing to get the ball with this guy... who is heading to the NBA Draft after his freshman season...

IUMSU00262.jpg

Hmm...fair enough. Freds bringing him in for a reason.....so he must see something.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
People questioned the Abdel Nader recruitment too. Indications from within are that he'll be one of the top offensive weapons the next two years.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm pretty much at the point where if Fred brings in a transfer, there is a 90% chance that the guy is a very good basketball player.

Evaluating transfers is much easier than evaluating HS players.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Sometimes style of play is not conducive to ones skill set.

That Indiana team last year was screwed up in lots of ways.

Then again he could be another Anthony Booker who seemed to have the same resume coming out of high school as this guy. He may not be a star, but he could provide productive minutes.

What would be interesting is if you took the rankings of these kids in high school prior to transferring to ISU.

My guess is that we would be pulling top 5 classes year in and year out based on those ranking.
Dejean-Jones, this kid were top 50 kids.. Pretty impressive.

I think top 5 is too strong, but what ISU has is a coach that knows his system and what he wants to do and can identify players that can flourish in it. Niang is the perfect example. Every team in the country passed over him in scouting Noelle and I doubt if he was leaving ISU you would find a team in the country that would not take him.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
I'd love to land this kid! He was a consensus 4* top 50 recruit, he has the talent just needs to be in the right system. Nothing a little Hoiball can't fix. Him and Nader on the the WING in 15-16 would be deadly to go along with Niang/Williams versatility and McKay protecting the rim and getting boards.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/99896/jeremy-hollowell

http://sports.yahoo.com/indiana/basketball/recruiting/player-Jeremy-Hollowell-96678

http://indiana.scout.com/a.z?s=170&p=8&c=1&nid=4359006

Help Support Us

Become a patron