Jake Williams Burlsworth Trophy Nominee

Discussion in 'Football' started by tricehill, Dec 3, 2010.

1. tricehill

tricehill Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Polk City
    Jake Williams was nominated for a new award this year that recognizes college footballs most outstanding player who began his career as a walk-on. Jakes a pretty modest guy but he deserves some support for a pretty cool award. I think he will be greatly missed at the WR position next year. I tried to get some local media to cover this by emailing them about it early in the week but I didn't have any takers. A lot of the other nominees have had some good press about the nomination.

BURLSWORTHTROPHY.COM

2. djcubby

djcubby Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Bondurant
    Unfortunately, I would have to say the winner of this one is probably going to be Winterswyk from Boise. Jake was great and a big contributor for us, but I would have loved to have a guy like Winterswyk playing for us this year.

3. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    I think the Georgia Tech olineman won it. He was the only finalist listed from what I saw.

4. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Next time scroll down. New function on the net. It will show you the other finalists. I am just being a **** by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    Haha I deserved that. For some reason I thought that I couldn't scroll down.

6. Farnsworth

Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    I like this new award, story of its namesake was interesting too. The press would be more likely to cover this if he was still in contention though.

7. Cyclonestate78

Cyclonestate78 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2008
    The local media would be more likely to cover this if he was playing for the U of I. There I said it..... I am not afraid. The local media can kiss my ***. They all suck anyway. Screw em!!!!

8. tricehill

tricehill Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Polk City
    They released the finalist late this week. I tried contacting before that...no big deal just wanted the fanbase to know one of their own was getting a little recognition elsewhere.