ISU wearing all white unis Friday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Equipment managers do screw with stuff like this all the time.

WhiteISUhelmet.png

That being said, I still wouldn't doubt seeing white helmets Friday, staff likes to keep players and fans excited.

I liked the one with the yellow stripe in the middle, JMO.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Agreed. Especially after SJ said make it snow.. which would lead me to believe that everything will be white. :yes:
Steele or Shontrelle?

We have a quarterback named Steele Jantz why would you want to shorten that?

My bad, just saw the tweet by Shontrelle on page 5. above still goes for the fanatics that do...

Last edited:

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
How about some special Nike all-white? And I mean all-white. No stripes, just solid cardinal numbers, names, Iowa State across the chest, etc. (as usual). White helmet and facemask - no stripes, with I-State logos on it.

Hell even cardinal numbers with gold names or something would be sick.
Why? We already have USC home jerseys, why would you want Texas road jerseys?

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
How about some special Nike all-white? And I mean all-white. No stripes, just solid cardinal numbers, names, Iowa State across the chest, etc. (as usual). White helmet and facemask - no stripes, with I-State logos on it.

Hell even cardinal numbers with gold names or something would be sick.

How about the white helmet, white jersey with with numbers with only red outlines and red name, and white pants. :cool:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
It amazes me the confusion people have with adding an alternate jersey that we will wear maximum of once a year with completely changing our uniform. It's ONE game. It is fun to change it up every once in a while.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Technically, no. Footnotes are used to cite references to your sources, whether published or unpublished, original or secondary, whatever they are. Explaining your text is your footnotes is considered extremely bad form. That's what the body of your text is for.

The general rule as I'm taught: If you can't find a way to include it in your text, it probably shouldn't be included.

But how many of us use footnotes for "sourcing" on message boards?(1)

"Explaining your text is your footnotes is considered extremely bad form."

Response: I suppose the footnote I used in this thread should be called an "aside," as I used it — separated so it doesn't muck-up the main post, which was probably too long as it was (C).(B)

(1) i admit, you make a good point.

(B) From "Misguided Use of Footnotes," (Cyclones500, Response to "ISU wearing all white unis Friday," Sept. 2011)

(C) my post not only "probably was too long as it was," it was too long as it was.(X)

(X) But I was right (excerpted from "But I Was Right," Cyclones500, Sept. 2011)

Reactions: shildreth

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It amazes me the confusion people have with adding an alternate jersey that we will wear maximum of once a year with completely changing our uniform. It's ONE game. It is fun to change it up every once in a while.

In this case it's probably not even an alternate jersey - it's alternate PANTS (perhaps also an alternate helmet)!!!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
nobody uses them or has to on a message board. I was just responding to the amazement over proper footnoting when it was, in fact, not proper footnoting. :smile:

That said, I don't care what uniform the guys wear. Just win.

But how many of us use footnotes for "sourcing" on message boards?(1)

"Explaining your text is your footnotes is considered extremely bad form."

Response: I suppose the footnote I used in this thread should be called an "aside," as I used it — separated so it doesn't muck-up the main post, which was probably too long as it was (C).(B)

(1) i admit, you make a good point.

(B) From "Misguided Use of Footnotes," (Cyclones500, Response to "ISU wearing all white unis Friday," Sept. 2011)

(C) my post not only "probably was too long as it was," it was too long as it was.(X)

(X) But I was right (excerpted from "But I Was Right," Cyclones500, Sept. 2011)

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Honestly, this is the kind of move coach Rhoads is gonna have to make. Embrace the spotlight when we hit the big stage. Let's go all out! Bring out what ever tools you can to help the team look around and say "This is what it's supposed to feel like fellas! This is OUR time to shine!"

LETS GOOOOOO STATE!!!!

Reactions: mike4cy

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Honestly, this is the kind of move coach Rhoads is gonna have to make. Embrace the spotlight when we hit the big stage. Let's go all out! Bring out what ever tools you can to help the team look around and say "This is what it's supposed to feel like fellas! This is OUR time to shine!"

LETS GOOOOOO STATE!!!!

I love this, anything to get some national pub. Conversely, if we do wear them and then come out and get pounded...not good. Especially with all of this garbage about conference realignment flying around; let the team go out and do something different and exciting. I hope it gets the team JACKED, we need to start 3-0!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Why? We already have USC home jerseys, why would you want Texas road jerseys?

How idiotic are you? Serious question.

Countless times it has to be discussed how sure our uniforms maybe similar to USC's but are different at the same time. And forget the fact that we had similar uniforms in the 70's.

Just because we could potentially wear a white helmet with our white away jersey, and alternative white pants, does not mean we have texas road jerseys.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
How idiotic are you? Serious question.

Countless times it has to be discussed how sure our uniforms maybe similar to USC's but are different at the same time. And forget the fact that we had similar uniforms in the 70's.

Just because we could potentially wear a white helmet with our white away jersey, and alternative white pants, does not mean we have texas road jerseys.

Yeah but cardinal mixed with gold makes burnt orange :rolleyes:

For real though, I think alternates are a great idea. And I really hope to see white helmets, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyDude16

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Horrible. Just awful.

Enough with the gold jersey crowd. Our gold football jerseys last year against Mizzou were terrible, same wearing all gold in home basketball games.

I think a lot of people like the all-gold bball unis. Not to say others don't hate it.

I'm less inclined to like the gold football jerseys ... didn't look quite as good in reality as I expected (with the talk leading up to the game).

If we're going radically off-the-map with alternates, I prefer all-gold to all-white (sparingly).

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Horrible. Just awful.

Enough with the gold jersey crowd. Our gold football jerseys last year against Mizzou were terrible, same wearing all gold in home basketball games.

Sounds like players and recruits loved them. Sorry, but their opinions take precedence, and if that upsets a few fans, so be it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron