ISU ranked 2nd best B12 LBers

Discussion in 'Football' started by Rhoadhoused, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
  2. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    Recognition is good. :)

3. stretchclone

stretchclone Member

Jan 1, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Anybody else notice the kid from Texas Tech? He was ours for a while then switched his committment. Just think if we had him, we would be stacked at LB.

4. M6WS6

M6WS6 Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    The only recognition we have recieved in his assessments so far (QB's, RB's, WR/TE's, and Linebackers)...

I should be used to it I guess.

5. CarolinaCy

CarolinaCy Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Of those groups, other than LB, what would he have praised ISU for? Not like we have tons of experience or production coming back in those other 3 groups.

6. M6WS6

M6WS6 Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    I didn't say he should have praised us for any of those nor that I disagreed with him necessarily, I was just merely pointing out that it was the first recognition we have received in his analysis thus far.

7. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    Well, our QBs are VERY inexperienced, our WRs/TEs have been the worst part of our offense the last few years and lost the 2 best players, and our RBs while looking VERY solid in their limited playing opportunities have had just that: limited playing time.

I feel Ubben has been very fair to us here.

8. CarolinaCy

CarolinaCy Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2008
    I thought your comment of "I should be used to it I guess" implied that ISU was yet again getting the shaft when it came to recognition. My bad if that's not what you meant.

9. M6WS6

M6WS6 Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    That's fair. I didn't mean it that way, just that I am used to ISU not getting recognition for football, whether we deserve it or not.

10. M6WS6

M6WS6 Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    #10 M6WS6, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    And I didnt say I disagreed with his assessment :smile:

Apparently I worded my initial response in a way everyone thought I disagreed...

My bad

11. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    Nice recognition for those kids, but am I the only one who finds it odd that when a blogger badmouths ISU he's looked at as a "stupid know nothing blogger" with no credibility but when they give us praise everyone is in agreement.

12. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    Are you new here? haha.

I feel like the old guy didn't care at all about ISU, but Ubben does a good job giving us credit where it is due. The only other category in his position rankings I disagree with is he has our RBs ranked dead last. I understand that none of our backs have much if any experience other than some spot carries, but the depth and talent is there. I don't know much about other teams RBs but I think we are in a better situation than at least a couple teams.

But then again, it is hard for a national writer to rank us any higher without any prior proof to go off of.

13. Sloup

Sloup Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Ames, IA
    I vehemently disagree that Iowa State has the worst running backs in the league. Unfortunately, there's little evidence to support the strength of our RB corps beyond Shontrelle's 6.2 ypc as a 3rd stringer and Woody having his niche that doesn't exactly make your eyes pop statistically. Combine that with the fact that 5 other teams in the league lost their starting running back, and I find it hard to believe we're the worst. But, again, it's hard to find an overwhelming amount of data to support that claim.