ISU-Nebraska series photo gallery

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Sorry if this link was already posted — I didn't happen to notice one.

ISU-Nebraska through the years photos | Des Moines Register

It's fun to see historical photo galleries, but this one mostly depressed me. It has beena really lopsided series.

If the gallery had been limited to about six or seven games in the series, it'd be much cooler. :twitcy:

I'm not among the harsh DMR critics who nitpick everything they do, but having two shots of NU standouts in action vs. Iowa was silly ... it's possible there were no pics of those players in the archives from ISU-NU games that were played every season. If so, just leave them out.

But it is an interesting look-back. Some of it gave me goosebumps, but mostly it made me want ISU to win 77-14 on Saturday. :yes:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I really enjoy these photo gallery's. One thing that bugs me, wasn't there color photography before the 90's? :baffled5wh:

The Register didn't have to worry about color film because they couldn't have printed it anyway. The Big Peach wasn't conducive to color photos.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
As cool as I thought/think the Big Peach was cool, I just took a second to picture them resuscitating that on a web version (i.e. the sports section with a peach-colored background).

the print version was much better than the web version could be.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron