ISU Hockey Gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khehr, Dec 8, 2010.

1. khehr

khehr Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Technology Director
    Ames
    My son just got into hockey in the last two years, he is 6 and loves it. Plan on taking him to the ISU/UofI game on the 10th.

BUT

I want to get him some ISU Hockey stuff and apparently it is damned near impossible to get ISU hockey apparel. What gives?:confused: I realize it is a club sport, but come on.

2. geburgess

geburgess Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
    WDSM, IA
    There's your answer. Other than the Puck Shop thru the link posted above, you won't find much of anything.

3. khehr

khehr Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Technology Director
    Ames
    Thanks, I found that earlier too. My bone to pick, is why is the only way to get the licensed gear by mailing in an order form? Why can't I go to Strawberry Patch or T-Galaxy or DogTown or The BookStore?

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    If you're going to the game this weekend, they should be taking a bunch (if not all) of their merchandise to sell at Bucs Arena.

5. Broodwich

Broodwich Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Web Developer
    42.186391, -93.598597
    HOCKEY: SPORT OF THE FUTURE.

6. d4nim4l

d4nim4l Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Analyst
    West Des Moines, IA
    They're a club so their distribution is a little different. They apparently have not setup anything for online ordering, which is unfortunate, but they do sell gear at their games.

The reason you will not find gear at any of the University licensed vendors is likely because of trademark issues. The club has to get permission to use the I-State trademark and most vendors won't jeopardize their status by dealing with a club team. Plus it would not be fast moving merchandise...

7. junckerl

junckerl Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Manufacturing
    State Center
    The game on the 10th is in Ames they will have stuff for sale during the game. I don't know if stuff will be for sale at the Bucs arena on the 11th or not becuase it is technically a home game for Iowa.

8. bugs4cy

bugs4cy Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Story County
    I've been looking for a hockey jersey and when I emailed the Puck Shop, I got quick response from [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]Miranda Reeder,[/FONT] randirae@iastate.edu

9. UncleEddy

UncleEddy New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Ames