ISU Crest or something similar?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chipper, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Chipper

Chipper Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I'm working on a poster for some biology research I've conducted, and was looking for a crest or something similar from the University to put on the poster. Sorry, can't do any Cy on this one.

2. tman24

tman24 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    you might be able to use our seal, not the greatest

[​IMG]

3. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    be careful, I once got chewed out by my M E 270 professor for using the university crest on a powerpoint. The university can be VERY touchy with those trademarked symbols, to the point where this professor said the M E department just made their own logo because they had so much trouble jumping through the trademark hoops, and this was for lectures they would give as a university employee. Don't want you to get into any trouble over a stupid extra thing in the corner of your poster.

4. MidwestZest

MidwestZest Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Production Engineer
    Decatur, IL
    Looking at the timestamps for this thread....I'm thinking this is how it went down:
    11:01PM yesterday....Chipper posts problem. Awaits response.
    11:11PM yesterday...gets seal jpg from tman, puts onto poster (since it's 11pm and of course, like all students, chipper is a procrasinator and needs to get this done by tomorrow). Get's done by 2am today. Enough time left to get 5 hours of sleep in. Yay!

8am today - Chipper goes to class, but drops off file for printing at some printing establishment. Copyworks, ISU printing...etc.

12pm today - picks up poster from printing establishment. Carries around with him all day, awaiting presentation with said visual aid at 4pm today.

4pm today - Chipper arrives at class, and elects to give presentation first, since he's a go-getter.

4:16pm today - MNCyGuy posts inciteful information about using copywrited material

4:17pm today - too late. Chipper has just finished presentation, and as it turns out, his professor is a stickler when it comes to the use of the University seal

4:21pm - Chipper's professor stops ranting. Chipper spirals into a vicious circle of self-pity

6:35pm - after dinner, Chipper logs onto CF, reads thread he started last night, and now wishes he could give MNCyGuy negative rep for delaying so long in his original response.

:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

5. 4ISUnUI2

4ISUnUI2 Member

Dec 1, 2008
    For future projects, see this page for ISU visual identity info (colors, nameplates, etc.):
    Visual Identity System

ISU printing services also has research poster templates available:
    Printing & Copy Services ISU Research Poster Templates

You can also contact the communication folks in your college. They may be able to provide a college-specific nameplate (e.g., ISU College of Ag and Life Sciences) as well as information on proper use of university graphics, colors, etc.

The university seal is reserved for use on documents from the President's office.

6. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I posted as soon as I saw it, I promise!