ISU and LBolineperformance teaming up.

Discussion in 'Football' started by Hayes30, Mar 8, 2017.

1. WhatchaGonnaDo

WhatchaGonnaDo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    ELITE

2. besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Reliability Engineer
    Mount Vernon, WA
    #22 besserheimerphat, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    I suspect it's a way to get closer to year-round coaching without actually exceeding the limits of coach/player interaction. I don't know what the NCAA's rules are for off-season coaching contact.

Edit: Here are the NCAA regulations on off-season coach/player interaction. It looks like players are not restricted from getting outside coaching so long as it's voluntary and the independent coach does not report attendance to the university coaches.

3. BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Superintendent
    Des Moines
    #23 BWRhasnoAC, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    It's a way for us to make sure we are keeping up with the times compared to other power 5 programs. It's also a way for our coaches to get an outsiders view on what they see at practice, and how that relates to NFL success, college, etc. It's also a way for a us to get our name out there as someone earlier alluded too. So basically what does he do? He consults. It's probably the greatest job in the world because there really is no perfect definition for a consultant.

In my line of work, a consultant is usually someone that a company hires to save themselves the hassle of doing it themselves. In the long run, it saves you money and even more valuable, time.

As far as football consulting goes, I think it makes the game safer for athletes, because there are times of the year where coaches are not allowed to coach players. That can be very disadvantageous to a player, especially someone who needs advice on very specific life needs such as health, safety, family concerns. The players should be able to reach out to him and he should be able to relay from Campbell or whoever the NCAA permits him to be an intermediate for.

Lastly, I am not an expert on this service or any football consulting. This is just from talking to a few coaches here and there about what is changing in the football world. Take it for what its worth(which may be nothing)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Well now that makes me think the NCAA is just about ready to step in and eliminate any potential advantage the Iowa states of the world could find. Ala satellite camps

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hayes30

Hayes30 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Gun Salesman
    Melcher-Dallas
    So I know I started thus thread and was supper pumped because of all the tweets. But I was not even sure what it all means still. Does anyone actually know? Maybe @ChrisMWilliams does?

6. becrisgreg

becrisgreg Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Omaha
    Isn't the NCAA set to add a 10th assistant next month? Maybe this is just a way to hire him for that role early.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. knowlesjam

knowlesjam Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Weather Warrior
    Papillion, NE
    Good point...Nebraska already announced this for their potential 10th assistant. The guy was hired as the Assistant Corn Shucking manager until the NCAA approves the change.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. intrepid27

intrepid27 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Executive Recruiter - Ag
    Marion, IA
    Yes, he replaced the assistant who wiped the Bo Pelini spit off players helmets and faces. That guy replaced the bail bondsman coordinator that was still on staff from the Osborn administration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. brett108

brett108 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Chemical Engineer
    Tulsa, OK
    I read the heading and thought it might be like a BALCO thing, and all our guys will be needing their helmets resized and end up looking like Barry Bonds.:D