Is Paschal Really Out?

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by BryceC, Sep 15, 2006.

1. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    There are all kinds of rumors flying around Iowa message boards. Is this guy really out? I hate to beat a weakened Iowa team, but that would a huge hit for an already depleted secondary.

2. ISUCY11

ISUCY11 Member

Aug 3, 2006
    CEO
    Chicago, IL
    we should post a couple topics about meyer, blythe, curvey and jackson being out. iowa will never see it comin'

3. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    Their secondary already is gonna have trouble against us....I would love it if this was true!

4. scubapohl1

scubapohl1 Member

Jun 1, 2006
    US Air Force
    Panama City Beach, FL
    There depth in the secondary is already questionable. I believe they already lost one kid to academics and one to injury if memory serves.

I hope he is all right. I want them at full strength. Besides, you hate to see a kid go down his senior year.

5. Jay_Clone

Jay_Clone Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Johnston
    My friend who is an Iowa fan said he went down pretty hard in the game against sycacuse and did not return to the game. He didnt say anything about him not playing in tomorrows game.

6. flyhighcy

flyhighcy Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Chuckd shame

I can't believe you would actually LOVE IT TO BE TRUE that a college football player from an oppenents team is injured. Do you cheer when you see an opposing player hurt? Is that " I would love it if true" really a respectable thing to say while representing cyclone fans. I for one hope that if the kid is injured that he is indeed OK. I have no idea who you are but man... you aren't the kind of guy who used to squeeze puppies whn you were a kid ....are you ????

:angry6wn: SICK MAN JUST SICK.

7. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 20, 2006
    i agree flyhigh. The same can be said for UofI 'fans' on the scout message boards that are sooo angry, yes angry, they post like this:

gag.

- keep.

8. crash_zone

crash_zone Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Engineer
    Tiffin, IA
    hawk fans can't make up their minds if he is out or not.

btw, being happy about injured players = not cool.
    being happy about our odds improving with those injuries = ????

9. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    Re: Chuckd shame

woah dude, I am just saying that there secondary is weak as it is, and losing one of thir strters really opens up our passing game and it would be a great benifit for ISU.....not at one point was i saying I am glad he is injured, just glad that it benfits us and does not hurt us.

10. redrocker

redrocker Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    M.M.F.I.C.
    Ames - West-CY'd
    There is a big differnce between Hurting someone and Injurying someone. Face it, Football is CONTROLED VIOLENCE.:growl5cj:

I want to see our team put the Hurt on the opponents, but I do not like to see some one get injured, especially if it can screw up someones life.

With that being said, lets put the HURT on the Hawkeyes:growl5cj:

11. ISUCLONES15

ISUCLONES15 Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Altoona
    A win is a win and I personally will take one however I can get one. Too bad for Pachal if he really is injured but if that improves the Clones chances of beating Iowa on Saturday then I will take it.

12. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    Too bad if he is hurt, but FLYHIGHCY i know you're a Hawk fan as well, what would Iowa fans say if Todd Blythe went down. They'd dance a jig!

13. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    I do not think Hawk Fans cared that Stevie Hicks had a mystery groin/ankle injury from the Army game last year either ayt this time of year.
    Sorry to here about all injuries, but that is part of the game. Just like a win is a win in the end.

14. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Re: Chuckd shame

Obviously nobody was happy about the injury, at most people were happy about possible improvements to the Cyclones' chances. And like somebody else said, if Blythe went down Iowa fans would be falling all over themselves with joy.

15. ISUCY11

ISUCY11 Member

Aug 3, 2006
    CEO
    Chicago, IL
    wasn't blythe injured for the UNLV game? isnt THAT why he didn't touch the ball once? i hope he's feeling okay for tmr.

16. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    Did anyone hear Jon Miller answer a Hawk fan that called in and asked him about Pascal. He sounded hesitant to say anything at all and said nothing could be confirmed, it sounds a lot like what he would have said last week when he couldn't confirm Tate was out, but there were no rumors to even ask that.
    I still wouldn't be surprised if all the "injuries" are nothing, and just want to try and get a mental advantage over ISU.

17. cloneaholic

cloneaholic Active Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Don't feel too sorry for the Hawkeyes if Paschal is out. After all, we lost our starting safety and our starting defensive end right before our first game. But nobody seems to think the Cyclones' injuries have any relevance to the big game, just the Hawkeyes' injuries.

18. CloneCynic

CloneCynic New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Didn't need him...................