Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jsmith86, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jsmith86

jsmith86 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Cedar Rapids
  2. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    when the heck is Captain America supposed to come out?

Also, that will be sweet.

3. CyForPresident

CyForPresident Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Must be awesome trailer week. Alice in Wonderland, Iron Man 2, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows all in the past week. 2010 is gonna be a fun year.

4. CTAClone

CTAClone Addict

Mar 28, 2006
    First Assistant Director
    Amerika
    I actually was disappointed in Alice in Wonderland trailer. I think it should be called Mad hatter instead. Didn't look to be at all about Alice, more about Depp as the Mad Hatter.

5. CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    I see what your saying, but the biggest appeal of that movie will be Johnny Deep. I'm also really excited to see Helena Bonham Carter as the queen. She is a top notch actress.

6. ISUcy08

ISUcy08 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    The Ironman 2 trailer gave me chills! That movie looks sweet! :notworthy:

7. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Loved Ironman as well as RDJ. Wasn't there supposed to be a movie being made with a bunch of the superheroes together in it?

8. Aaron Jacobs

Aaron Jacobs Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Job Hunting
    Robins, IA
    The Avengers... Its in the making they still need to make a couple more movies to set it up though. Thor comes out in 2010 and then Ant-Man comes out 2011... i believe. Then they will do an Avengers movie with Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man, and Nick Fury.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Thank You

10. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Harry Potter Nov 10 and July 2011. Im glad they are semi close together. I was worried about how that would work.

11. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    One I found on YouTube. I apparently haven't installed Quicktime, so I'm behind on the one from this thread. Sound is terrible, but Whiplash makes some more sense now. Can't wait.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hQXEfBp-O0&NR=1]YouTube - Iron Man 2 Trailer 2010 - The IronMan 2 Unofficial Trailer 2010[/ame]

12. CyBelieve

CyBelieve Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Realtor
    Ankeny
    I wonder if Peter Billingsly will be Producing Iron Man 2 as he did #1. For those of you who don't know who Peter is, he was "Ralphie" in the Christmas Story. He also Produced "Four Christamsas" and Directed "Couples Retreat". Looking to be the next Ron Howard?

Found this link off of FoxNews.com

FOXNews.com - Then/Now: The Cast of 'A Christmas Story'

13. CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
  14. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    Not Ant-Man, but Captain America: The First Avenger.

I have to say I may have experienced a minor nerdgasm at the reveal of War Machine.

:yes:

15. CyFever

CyFever Active Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
  16. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    word. Me, too.

17. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I will have to see this when I get home tonight...stupid new ban on streaming at work.

18. Cyrocks

Cyrocks Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    :wideeyed: RALPHIE produced those movies? :wideeyed:

Wow. I did not know that.

19. WalkingCY

WalkingCY Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas City
    I am just going to put it out there:

Iron Man sucks. I didn't think it was all that special. I mean, the comic character is good, but the villan (s) are just uninteresting and lame in these films for Marvel.....but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Special effects can only do so much....you have to have a great story and sweet acting. (And I like Robert Downey Jr.)

In fact, 3/4 of Marval Comic movies blow. The Spider-Man movies? Those were freaking terrible. That final scene against the Hobgoblin in the first movie....and the regular New Yorkers were on the bridge throwing bottles and saying, "leave spidey alone!" That did it for me....and you see this stupid stuff in all of the Spider-Man movies. The 3rd one? Holy crap that was aweful. Don't even get me going on the Incredible Hulk movies. Wow. I liked the first X-Men movie....but after that, they got terrible...and just ruined.

Non of these movies even come close to Batman Begins and the Dark Knight films. They blow these away with their storyline and acting. Now, the first set of Batman films just struggle too....except for the first one with Jack Nicholson as the Joker. But if you look back at it....that Joker is a big pansy compaired to the Joker depicted by the late Heath Ledger. The ones that followed the original B-Man...they just got so "hollywood" with lighting and crappy screen-play...and horrible Storyline. Just like Downey Jr, I like Clooney....but without a story....it just sucks......and you see the marval flicks doing the same thing.

Now, I was also a big fan of Captain America when I was a kid. I hope that they don't ruin it.

So all in all, not that excited for Iron Man. Someone on here had to switch it up and disagree.

20. CTAClone

CTAClone Addict

Mar 28, 2006
    First Assistant Director
    Amerika
    I agree with you, except I liked Iron Man a lot. The only thing I would have to say about Iron Man that I didn't like is. He never really did anything as Iron Man. I would've liked to see him be more of a Hero. He did it once and it was pretty cool then all of a sudden he fights the big bad guy.

That end scene in Spiderman really made me mad too. If the new yorkers would all stick together like that, there would be no need for Spiderman. It was a post 9-11 commentary that didn't need to be in the film. They reshot that end scene because it was originally on top of the WTC. 2 and 3 were just terrible IMO.

XMen could've been so cool. 1 was good, I liked 2 as well. 3...really disappointed. I liked the scene of Xavier and Phoenix facing off. That was really cool though. But other than that it was pretty weak.

The worst Marvel movie made though has to be Wolverine. That was the biggest piece of garbage made.