Iowa State Facilities - Denver Post Article

Discussion in 'Football' started by Cyclonz, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Cyclonz

Cyclonz Member

Nov 23, 2009
    CPA
    Denver, CO
    "Get facilities off the table (as an issue)," said Brian Reilly, moderator of Allbuffs.com, and a Colorado alum. "Recruits visit Boise State, and they're better than Colorado. TCU had better facilities even before joining the Big 12. People should go online to Iowa State's athletic website and look at their facilities.
    "They blow CU's away."

Read more: CU Buffs working hard to attract additional fundraising numbers - The Denver Post CU Buffs working hard to attract additional fundraising numbers - The Denver Post
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

2. Colorado has joined a conference where college sports is second fiddle. Happens.

3. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Uh, not really.

4. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    CU is too busy smoking weed to upgrade facilities

5. ISUME

ISUME Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
  6. ISUagger

ISUagger Active Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Student
    Ames
    I like how nobody can believe we have better facilities than they do. No way ISU could have good facilities, right?

7. isukendall

isukendall Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Research Scientist
    Fort Collins, CO
    ...to what??? :err:

8. kyle22kjs

kyle22kjs Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Have you seen Oregon's new facilities? Football isn't second fiddle in the PAC-12

9. F5cy

F5cy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Washington, D.C.
    They've won a national championship in the past 25 years and now they struggle to beat (or lose to) Colorado State. Its a shame. And I'm one who hated CU when they would bring their game to Ames. Remember a football game sometime in the early 90's I think, when one of their players wrote "thanks" on a big dry erase board on their sideline towards the end of the game. They were stirring things up pretty well with the crowd behind their bench. Was easy to dislike them. Now wish we had them back on the schedule.

10. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    For about 9 of the 12 it is.

9 of 10 in the Big 12 take it very seriously.

11. WhatchaGonnaDo

WhatchaGonnaDo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Acadmeics? I think that's the point that's trying to be made

12. cycloneinpdx

cycloneinpdx Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Western Nebraska
    On one hand, I'm flattered that we have facilities that other schools look up to, and I'm happy that we have better facilities (well, per recruits like Lazard) than traditional powerhouses like Notre Dame.

On the other hand, it pisses me off that everyone says that we have good facilities with a bit of incredulity-- as though we aren't deserving of it, and it's an insult to their program that they do not have better facilities than we do.

13. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    You understand it though, don't you? We have no history. Embrace the fact that we are creating some (hopefully).

14. cycloneinpdx

cycloneinpdx Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Western Nebraska
    Yeah, I understand it, and I'm glad we're laying the foundation to succeed. It doesn't completely remove the sting of the backhanded compliments, though.

15. AllBig12Drinker

AllBig12Drinker Active Member

Dec 7, 2009
    West Des Moines
    We are the Joneses

16. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    What three teams haven't shown a commitment to athletics in one form or another? I suppose you could make a case for COlorado but when you look at the bottom tier of that conference, they are all trying if not competing. Especially from a coach standpoint, that whole conference has made more moves than any other and when you look at the potential in that conference from a coaching and offensive standpoint, they could be something special in a few years.

17. cyclone13

cyclone13 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    It's always the case: people are always jealous of the others who don't have history, or who they think are beneath them. They suck up to the royalties and look down at the peasants. It's always their source of comfort: enjoying mediocrity as long as there are people beneath them. When the others start to get better, they get offended

18. pulse

pulse Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Has anyone ever met a Colorado fan? They suck as a fan base. They get loaded at school, then leave and don't look back.

19. FarminCy

FarminCy Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Panhandler
    Right Over There
    Having been to an ISU game in Boulder they are an absolute horrible fan base. Just a flat out rude bunch of people. I grew up hating Husker and Hawkeye fans but CU fans are far worse when it comes to treating opposing teams fans.

20. trajanJ

trajanJ Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    We were discussing this on the Oregon thread and I made a point that I thought it seemed everybody had new facilities now. I guess it's CU that doesn't.