Iowa State Club Baseball

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloner007, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Cloner007

Cloner007 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Hey guys, I'm a senior in high school, and am going to play college baseball next year. I could go the JUCO route or a D3 route but I don't think I'd fit well with a small school enviorment. I really would like to attened ISU but I also am really set on playing baseball. I was looking for some info on the team such as: how to be on it? what's the competition like? how does it compare to a regular college baseball team? Just any general infromation about it!
    Thanks Guys!

2. ianoconnor

ianoconnor Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale
    Here is their website:

Iowa State Club Baseball

I'm sure you could contact one of the officers to answer any questions you may have. Good luck at ISU!

3. isudizzle13

isudizzle13 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Civil Engineer
    Mankato, Minnesota
    In the fall they do a "league" with anyone who wants to play. They then select individuals based on their league performance that they want to have tryout for a spring ball spot. If you get that opportunity, you'll be working out in the winter and the spring team actually travels well and plays some good competition. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by the ISU baseball experience if your expectations aren't outlandish. I played for a couple years and I loved it, I have some contacts if you'd like them just send me a PM.