Iowa-One the easiest FB schedules in the nation

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by ketelmeister, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ketelmeister

ketelmeister Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2006
    If Ferentz can't win at least seven this year..he's a chump

Northern Ill
    Syracuse
    Western Michigan
    Illinios
    Purdue
    Michigan State
    Northwestern
    Minnesota
    Penn State
    Indiana
    Iowa State
    Wisconsin
    Not a tough schedule in my view. No Ohio S or Michigan

2. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    I count 10 easy wins on that list. 11 if they knock off Penn st or Wisc.

3. BugDoc

BugDoc Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Corvallis, OR
    I wish we played that schedule!

4. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    They should be at least 9-3, with possible loses to ISU, PSU and Wis. But with the way everyone plays in the lil 10(BOOOOORRRRING!), anyone can win.
    I really hope Illinois can beat them this year, since Iowa hates them more than they hate us. Someone on the radio said that MSU will probably be Iowa's toughest home opponent. Thats sad!
    Lets hope "hefty lefty" Christianson plays like he did in mop up duty last year, and blow goats. Unfortunately Tate isnt there to help the team rally against him and implode. They lost both safeties, which isnt a bad thing. Once again theyre bark will be louder than there bite, however like most years, there recrod with that schedule wont reflect it.

5. 06_CY

06_CY Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    At least 9 wins from that schedule

6. erikbj

erikbj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2006
    compliance officer
    hiawatha, ia
    they couldn't beat NU or Indiana last year and that was with a 4th year starter at QB. now they are going to start a kid with one game under his belt. Maybe a year or two ago you would say 9 wins, no problem. But after the last two seasons, it showed that KF is not god. If he does not win 9 games this year there may be some questioning of his $2MM plus salary.

7. cytheguy

cytheguy Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    #7 cytheguy, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
    Bug, unfortunately we DID play that schedule a few years ago and don't have a Big 12 North title to show for it (no Texas or Oklahoma on the schedule and a weak North). Losing to Missouri and Kansas in back to back years to end the season, when the title was in our reach, still makes me cringe.

Iowa should do ok this season, especially considering all they have coming back and how Ferentz has allegedly put the chip back on his team's shoulders. QB will be a huge question mark, but everyone seems to think Christensen is the real deal. Who knows.

8. CTTB78

CTTB78 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2006
    #8 CTTB78, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
    Don't over-rate the Hawkies before the press does. I'm not giving them any more than 6 wins. There is not one team on their schedule that can't beat them, as weak as they are.

9. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    That might be the most pathetic schedule I have ever seen a Big 10 team face.

10. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    #10 Drive4cy, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
    I could see them losing atleast 5 games off that schedule. We all know they struggle in Ames. They get Syracuse at home, but they were a miracle goal line stand from losing to them last season. Purdue is questionable, but I believe the game is at Purdue so it will be difficult. Northwestern dominated them last season, so I'm not giving them that game. There's a lot of winnable games on the schedule, but just as many possible losses. I'd say they win 7-8. The Iowa teams of a few years ago would win 10-11 pretty easily.

11. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Rather lousy sched. for sure. I fully anticipate Hawk fans to have the "we're back!" mentality after rolling through that schedule, should they do so.

Yet here's the rub - tell me where Iowa gets better next year? A few of those teams on this fall's schedule beat them last year. Iowa lost their senior QB and still doesn't have a big threat at wide receiver. I could go on.

So...while Iowa should have a great record next year - it will be a bit empty (see ISU '04 and ISU '05). However, don't mark a bunch of wins down for them just yet...I'm not sold they'll be any better than last year.

12. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    No matter how Iowa does, I still see a dog fight against us next year.....both teams will be going balls out and I cannot wait to watch it!

13. HawkInvasion

HawkInvasion New Member

Mar 27, 2007
    I see it's the annual "lets slam Iowa's schedule in case they do good so we feel better about ourselves" thread from little brother.

That leads me to this - do you guys even care about anyone other than Iowa? There are 6 teams in the Big South and 6 teams in the Big Red Little 5North, and all I see you guys talking about all the time is Iowa.

Shift your obsession to Kansas or Missouri. I would say Nebraska, but they also see you as that pesky little brother who once in a while gets a good shot in on big bro.

Either way, best of luck to you guys this season!

14. chadm

chadm Giving it a go

Apr 11, 2006
    Midwest
    [​IMG]

15. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    We play Iowa early in the season and on Midwest national TV. We cannot ignore the challenge for the recruits of Iowa. We accept the challenge of playing the awesome Big Ten. We will not give up.

16. ketelmeister

ketelmeister Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Pointing out that Iowa doesn't play either Michigan or Ohio State is not slamming the schedule,it's stating a fact. The schedule is very easy and this is the year for Iowa to vastly improve their record. Both Mich and OS have been automatic loses.

17. wonkadog

wonkadog Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    I sometimes wish there were more Iowa fans on this board for us to debate with but then I read stuff like this and remember why I hate them. There's no "debating" involved with 90% of them. They just dish off their opinion as fact and there's no logical discussion involved. "Oh yeah, well YOU'RE little brother!!!" (snicker snicker)

18. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    "Big brother" has only won 2 more games in the past 2 years than little brother. You may want to keep your focus on improving that 2-6 Big 10 (crazy...but did you know there are actually 11 teams in your conference) record rather than come onto a cyclone message board for your sweet little 1-and-done post.

Pot meet kettle.
    [​IMG]

19. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    They need an easy schedule because I think they have more holes to fill than some believe. A new QB and a new O-Line basically and both are key to the offense.

I don't know enough about the Iowa team right now to be predicting wins but as the season draws near the Iowa fans will get all hyped up and be predicting 10 wins like they aways do.

20. CY ST8T

CY ST8T Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Yes, coming on to a Cyclone message board with a Hawk screen name and claiming that ISU focuses too much on Iowa makes so much sense. I'm sure you have screen names at all the Ohio State, Michigan and other sites for Big 10 teams where you spend three times the posting right? Sorry, but the excuse that ISU focuses more on Iowa or cares more about the game is about as original as knock knock jokes. Get back to the fryers before you burn another batch!