Iowa @ Nebraska

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Iowa and Iowa State both in "Others Receiving Votes" in that all-time football program ranking. EIU just can't acknowledge that we are equals.

I do notice that much more from hok fan than ISU fan..."oh, we got the 7th most votes out of the "others receiving votes" so we're ranked #32." No, you're not ranked.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I do notice that much more from hok fan than ISU fan..."oh, we got the 7th most votes out of the "others receiving votes" so we're ranked #32." No, you're not ranked.

Aside from the fact that every program on that list has a ranking and a # next to them, spot on.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Aside from the fact that every program on that list has a ranking and a # next to them, spot on.

Hold tight to your crappy link. Hold tight. I'm not talking about the link. And btw that wasn't "according to the AP", that was Pete Fiutak using AP rankings to have an intern come up with a random point system to rank teams.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Hold tight to your crappy link. Hold tight. I'm not talking about the link. And btw that wasn't "according to the AP", that was Pete Fiutak using AP rankings to have an intern come up with a random point system to rank teams.

Again I'll ask, what metrics would you guys use to compile your list?

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Iowa is a Top 20-35 football program all-time, better than any major program that Iowa State has to offer, save for wrestling if you want to call that a major program, but I doubt that any of you do, considering that we're comparing things to Iowa.

Well if we're going to start making completely subjective statements that had nothing to do with anything we were talking about, that probably aren't true and conveniently can't be proved, I will add this to this thread:

Elvis Pressley did not die 1977 as previously thought. He went into WitPro and now lives in Florida under the name Chuck Stephenson.

The 1920 Yankees could beat any World Series champion in the new century in a seven-game series.

Fran McCaffery is the second-worst Iowa basketball coach since WWII behind Todd Lickliter.

PROVE ME WRONG BRO

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
Hok fans be like "we are awesome, we beat nebraska"

The rest of the nation be like "Is Nebraska serious about Amstrong being a QB? And how does iowa intercept 4 passes and only win by 1 TD".

Yeah, you got me.

Was that your best attempt to dodge the subject? The subject being your prediction that Nebraska would stomp Iowa. That is what you said right? Or did your Mom come down in the basement and post under your screen name when that thread was created?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Again I'll ask, what metrics would you guys use to compile your list?

The main ones should be:
national championships
conference championships
BCS/CFP appearances
bowl record
all-time win/loss record
final rankings

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
The main ones should be:
national championships
conference championships
BCS/CFP appearances
bowl record
all-time win/loss record
final rankings

Agreed. I like Iowa's chances to be in the top 25-30 based off that criteria, even including the dark 60's-70's.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think Iowa being in the 20 to 35 for football and ISU being in the 100s for football sounds about right. What does college basketball look like. I would guess Iowa would be in front. Something like the 40s to 50s, whereas ISU would be in the 50s to 70s.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think Iowa being in the 20 to 35 for football and ISU being in the 100s for football sounds about right. What does college basketball look like. I would guess Iowa would be in front. Something like the 40s to 50s, whereas ISU would be in the 50s to 70s.

Where would you have Augustana at?

CyFan03

Jun 5, 2010
Ames
Was that your best attempt to dodge the subject? The subject being your prediction that Nebraska would stomp Iowa. That is what you said right? Or did your Mom come down in the basement and post under your screen name when that thread was created?

How is responding to the quote "dodging" it. I don't think you know what dodging means.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
According to the AP, hilarious. Great try.

Man hok fans are desperate for people to like them.

Right. The joke is clearly on Iowa when it comes to AP rankings. Maybe your new coach will be able to edge ISU above Hardin-Simmons.

CyFan03

Jun 5, 2010
Ames
Since we are just making up stats, and then finding some random link to back them up, here's one.

90% of hok fans are butt hurt. Need proof? Read this;

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211168

Or this;
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209108

Or this;
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210505

Clearly, 9out of 10 hok fans are butt hurt about being not respected, or ISU's little brother.

And just so all you hok fans don't start fighting among one another, the 1 out of 10 is Gonzo. Yes, he does go off the rails every now and again, but he does say some pretty rational things most of the time.

And by most of the time, I mean .599% of the time. Which is just barely over half the time, and no where close to most of the time.

Last edited:

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Since we are just making up stats, and then finding some random link to back them up, here's one.

90% of hok fans are butt hurt. Need proof? Read this;

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211168

Or this;
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209108

Or this;
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210505

Clearly, 9 out of 10 hok fans are butt hurt about being not respected, or ISU's little brother.

Honest question, how old are you? After reading the epic tale in your other thread, in a few years (once you are ready to look into your collegiate future) you might be interested in Iowa, as they are home to the Iowa Writer's Workshop, a pretty big deal for aspiring writers.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City
Gonzo's posted article was written before this year's undefeated season for the Hawkeyes, and I imagine that we would move up a spot and into the top 25. Anyways, Iowa's all-time program is far from being mediocre.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I'd have to agree...that play-in game appearance gives Iowa an extra 10 points in my randomly made up points awarding system.