Instate recruiting

Discussion in 'Football' started by isucy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. isucy

isucy Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Accountant
    Chicago, Illinois
    I posted this a while back (July maybe?) and I continue to believe this. We NEED to pick up our instate recruiting. If yesterday was obvious enough, we need to compete for the instate talent.

Has anyone heard anything on James Kohler or Andre Dawson?

2. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    Why? Why not go get out of state talent? There really isnt that much talent in this state.

3. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007

Completely agree.

Signed,

Sash (3 picks), Greenwood (2 picks), Wegher (100 yards), Keenan Davis (TD), Sandemann, Angerer,

4. CycloneWarrior

CycloneWarrior Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2008
    student
    Urbandale,Ia
    Adam robinson,Wegher,donahue,angerer,Keenan Davis, sash all played great. They are all from Iowa (well, wegher went to highschool in Iowa atleast)

5. wxman1

wxman1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Cedar Rapids
    I have only seen one high school game so far this year, and it was Linn-Mar remember though they are 3-0. Linn-Mar has two guys I think we need to get on, one is a running back with great vision and a good deal of speed. The other is a defensive back that fly's around the field making plays, he might even lead the team in tackles...as a sophomore.

6. isucy

isucy Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Accountant
    Chicago, Illinois

As other posters have pointed out, theres actually a fair amount of talent in Iowa. Not as deep as Texas,California,Florida or Ohio(which is another place I would like to see us recruit). However there are plenty of examples on Iowas AND Uni's rosters.

7. hippiehawk

hippiehawk Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Donahue is from Chicago.

8. besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Product Engineer
    Mount Vernon, WA
    We need the best talent we can get, regardless of where they are from. I'd like to see us get in on more Minnesota kids - they seem to produce pretty decent talent, their only D1 university isn't that good at football, and their already used to the weather.

9. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    I'd like to see this too as well as getting in more with some wisconsin recruits

10. wsrgohawks

wsrgohawks Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Rural Bremer County
    Iowa St. is not in the running for Dawson. And are likely trailing Stanford for the services of Kohler.

11. cyclonedcm

cyclonedcm Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines
    I would like to see us recruit more Canucks.

12. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    This is not what Dawson said in a recent Rivals update.

13. ISUonthemove

ISUonthemove Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Sports Photographer
    Altoona
    There is enough talent in state, to groom them for 3 years and have them be very productive for 2 years.

14. terryk

terryk Active Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Self employed contractor
    Grimes
    from what i,m hearing no one is leading for Kohler.. Guess why

15. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Ankeny
    Why would you even reply to this guy. For every pint of clone kool aid we drink has a gallon or two of the squawk variety. Ignore him. Maybe he will go away! Or maybe he can try to take off the glasses and give some feed back we may want to read.

16. besserheimerphat

besserheimerphat Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Product Engineer
    Mount Vernon, WA
    The only reason I didn't list Wisconsin as a state I'd recruit more is due to their percieved popularity. The Packers are in a different city than the Badgers, so the university doesn't get overshadowed like I've heard the Gophers do. I would have also mentioned the Dakotas, but they are so sparsely populated that the reward vs. the effort probably would not be worth it.

17. wsrgohawks

wsrgohawks Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Rural Bremer County
    If you actually think Dawson would even consider going to Iowa St. you are delusional. I would be willing to bet you any money Dawson doesn't end up at Iowa St.

For the record, I'm not certain he will end up at Iowa either. Next year Iowa will have 4 pretty good sophomore running backs in Wegher, Brinson, Robinson, and Hampton.

18. CyBobby

CyBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Central Iowa
    Yeah thats a great idea...fight over 5 D-1 prospects when you can go to Texas & Florida where there are 1000 D-1 prospects!!!

Last year there were like...500 high school football players in Texas that signed division one scholarship offers....

I notice that Troy and Darren Davis...Seneca Wallace and a host of the best ISU footballers came from out of state, NOT the state of Iowa..

ISU will never compete in the big 12 without getting lots of Texas-Florida talent!!!!

19. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa

Untrue.