I'm torn...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Skyh13, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    ...between Google Chrome and Firefox.:tongue:

But seriously.. they're both fast, although Chrome has gotten REALLY fast since the last time I tried it -- both GUI and internet wise. Really makes Firefox seem kinda bulky with how smooth it runs. The internet loading is surprising, because a couple versions ago Firefox was the clear winner for me in terms of loading pages.. but now, Chrome is right up there.

I LOVE Chrome's interface. Absolutely wonderful design, in my opinion. So much screen real estate!

Firefox, however, definitely has the market on extensions. Things like Autopager are just so nice to have... And Firefox still is as fast as always when jumping through the interwebs. I know Chrome is slowly getting some added, but still..

What's a tech geek to do??

2. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Does Chrome have the ISU theme? If it does I will consider changing but until then I will be with Firefox

3. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    chrome is kicking FF butt right now on my machines, FF seems clunky.

4. ornryactor

ornryactor Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Ames
    Ditto, Skyh13. I just started using Chrome again this week after having abandoned it for FF for nearly the entire semester. I still can't decide.

5. IcSyU

IcSyU Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    If I get bored sometime I'd like to put together an ISU Chrome template since it's OS but finding the time is the issue.

6. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    What if you took a special day and allocated all the time you would otherwise spend posting here to working on that instead?

7. 1100011CS

1100011CS Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Marshalltown
    Just installed the Chrome Beta and it has extensions. Most of the extensions I use in FF are available including AdBlock Plus (called something else in but very similar and uses the same filters), XMarks (I love this extension especially the profiles) and Gmail notifier. Now if I could just get a Cyclone theme I'd be set.

8. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    An ISU theme would be cool... in the mean time I'm using the chrome theme for Chrome... :rolleyes:

9. cyfanatic

cyfanatic Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    I am running FF 3.6 Beta 4. I do like it...a lot! I have been a FF user for years now though...so I am partial. My wife like Chrome because she likes the simplicity of it. Opera has some cool things about it as well...but I always go straight to FF when I start up the net.